The Strokes - Live Show

jshine77jshine77 Posts: 2
edited September 2006 in Other Music
I've been considering seeing The Strokes in about a month since they will be playing at a university about an hour away from where I live, and I was just wondering if anyone has anything to say about their live performance.

I'm not expecting to see a PJ-caliber show here, but I do love their musics, and I was just curious if anyone could tell me if I should or shouldn't see them.

So, the question is:

The Strokes live, yea or nay?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• go see 'em
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • yeah, they're pretty good live
  • The Strokes live = yea
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    YAY The Strokes! Love them. :D

Maybe this will help ya some....
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=174482
    :D

I think that pretty much sums up my opinion on the subject. :p
    HELL YES go see them!
    From what I've heard about past shows, they are extremely on top of their game right now too.
    GO!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I'm really digging the strokes, and have a couple questions.

(1) What album should I buy first? What is their best album, or easiest to get into? I know of Room On Fire, Is This It, and First Impressions Of Earth.

(2) What are some other great songs by them? I love every song I've heard, but I've only been able to get my hands on 12:51, Juicebox, Reptilia, and You Only Live Once.

(3) Are they currently touring, and is it likely they'll be doing a show around Cleveland/Pittsburgh area?
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • drew0 wrote:

(1) What album should I buy first? What is their best album, or easiest to get into? I know of Room On Fire, Is This It, and First Impressions Of Earth.

(2) What are some other great songs by them? I love every song I've heard, but I've only been able to get my hands on 12:51, Juicebox, Reptilia, and You Only Live Once.

(3) Are they currently touring, and is it likely they'll be doing a show around Cleveland/Pittsburgh area?

im driving from pittsburgh (oakland) to the norfolk VA show on the 18th :).
    06/23/2006 - Best night of my life.
    See yins in pittsburgh 2007
    Rock on steelers!

www.myspace.com/nickpc
  • drew0 wrote:

great live band, go and see them I just saw them the past weekend and they were amazing!!!! you should go, they are playing really great right now, I've seen them 3 times and all of them were incredible!! :D

drew!! I'm a huge fan of this band so I can help you with the answers!:

1) They just have 3 albums. Their best album is by far the "Is this it"!! you should get that one first is one of the greatest debut albums ever!! totally recommend it! Room on fire is pretty good, the band doesnpt like that record taht much but I really enjoy, and the first impressions is amazing, is better than room on fire actually!

2) All their song are pretty great, all the songs of the "Is this it" record are awesome!! my favorite songs are: Barely legal, what ever happened, is this it, the end has no end, red light form their newest record is great, heart in a cage, take it or leave it, hard to explain, last nite, reptilia, 12:51, juicebox, you only live once, someday, many many songs!!

3) They just came to Mexico!! (awesome show!!), They are still touring, but I don't think they will be around that are, but check this, here are the rest of the tour:
    http://www.thestrokes.com/index2.html

hope this help ;)
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • i feel like i always have something negative to say, but when i saw them i didn't think they were all that special. they were tight and the sound was pretty good, but so boring. the thing that really pissed me off was the two guitar players slowly prowling the stage like they were rock gods. they dont write a lick of ANY of the music. julian is the talent in that band, he's the only one worth watching.

other factors that played a role were:

-eagles of death metal opened (hard act to follow)
    -my ticket was free, so i didnt feel bad about leaving after the closer; i didnt stay for the encore of 'new york city cops'
    -the venue blew (RIMAC arena in san diego)
  • merlynmerlyn Posts: 179
    ok not my bag really
    champagne for my real friends & i'm a real pain for my sham friends.. ;)
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I missed them this year because I was in America recoveing from the Gorge but have seen them before and they are really good as a live band.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08