've been on a MUSE concert..

StereotypeStereotype Posts: 885
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Amazing!Spectacular! Masterpiece!
Wow. I can believe I had such a great time... It's musically and visually so good...And I was in a front row!! (In Vienna) Wohoow!

Here is a link to a playlist of videos someone took from the back..
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=03E23E3B2305E269&page=1

And here is Bliss, with the baloons!! >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6kuCN-2kwQ

Hands down!Must be one of the best groups around now. Matthew is a master on piano and quitar and his voice abbilities are respectful too..

Plus I'm so glad, now that I know that I can go to a concert and have a blast although it's not a Pearl Jam concert :D
The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I saw them a couple of years ago, touring behind Absolution. Fantastic live band.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    I just fell in love with them, can't wait to go to a show
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Not a lot MUSE fans here..I guess..

Of course PEARL JAM are the one and only for me... but Muse are truly fenomenal. Matthew for me is one of the most talented people around - he plays piano like a virtuose also plays quitar like a master and sings so powerful, not to mention the lyrics...The songs are master pieces I have so much respect for their composition and melody. I mean wow. So impressed. Now I know. Music is not on a downhill...;)
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    They are indeed a great live band,bad thing is that the boys all lived near me and used to play all the local pubs in and around the city..i never saw them once and now they are the first band to play the new Wembley Stadium.. Good for them tho.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    Saw them at Norwich University just after Showbiz had comeout, they are so full of energy but quite sloppy (understandable given they were all just starting).

Saw them again at Wembly Arena a month ago, despict the fact they has grown into one of the biggest bands on the planet seen I last saw them they still had the same energy - very theactrical as well now. Only downside was they didn't play anything of 'Showbiz' :/

Easily the best British band around all 4 albums are outstanding.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Very very good live, although if you want balloons....

Flaming Lips!!!! :D:D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • I remember around when VS came out, Pearl Jam was the hardest ticket to get. They had this sense of mystery surrounding them. People were always talking about how amazing they were live. Pearl Jam shows were mentioned on TV shows, Movies, ect.... That stuff still happens today but on a much smaller scale. I still think PJ is the best live band out there today. It's just that they are more accessible these days. Everyone has seen them and have been blown away so many times that we kind of take them for granted. Muse is good as well.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    noalarms wrote:
    I remember around when VS came out, Pearl Jam was the hardest ticket to get. They had this sense of mystery surrounding them. People were always talking about how amazing they were live. Pearl Jam shows were mentioned on TV shows, Movies, ect.... That stuff still happens today but on a much smaller scale. I still think PJ is the best live band out there today. It's just that they are more accessible these days. Everyone has seen them and have been blown away so many times that we kind of take them for granted. Muse is good as well.

I agree, I went to Muse concert with a Muse nut and they were really good but she was a bit surprised when afterwards I said I'd still choose PJ 7 nights a week... :o
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Right on man!
  • UKDave wrote:
    I agree, I went to Muse concert with a Muse nut and they were really good but she was a bit surprised when afterwards I said I'd still choose PJ 7 nights a week... :o
    Good lad :)

I've had the same dispute with many Muse fans. They're really good, but somehow I feel like they're trying too hard.

And a good reference to the 'Lips! Another outstanding live band
  • I fucking hate Muse sometimes. Their new album is ego-wank beyond belief.
    Too many cowboys, not enough indians, so just go ape shit!

I may be boring but at least I'm not Jack fucking Johnson.

TV is such shit; let's go outside and ride bicycles, right now!

Madrid 07/09/06 - Little mofo'ing Wing!!!
    Wembley 06/18/07 - Speechless

www.last.fm/user/StNick_
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,356
    Muse is a truly special live act...

Now if they ever learn to vary their setlists a little more, they wil come even closer to the perfection that is live Pearl Jam...and Muse is a very close 2nd in my opinion. Great band, great live performence.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • I saw Muse a few weeks ago in Cardiff and they were very impressive.

Just to address the PJ vs Muse thing here, it's a bit difficult to compare the two I think. PJ are your straight up classic live rock band, they get up there, they play, they let the songs and their personalities form the feeling of the show. Muse are much more of a spectacle, the flashy stage show, the balloons, opening and closing drum risers but that all suits their music better.

Both are awesome live acts in their own way.

At Muse in cardiff was the first time I've ever seen someone crowdsurfing while dressed up in a ful Spider-man costume though
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • http://www.stadthalle.com/fileadmin/stadthalle/snapshots/2006/ev_726280//muse10.jpg
    That's me with the "flag" :D My friend had also one that said : Just break the Silence (it's from a song called New Born)..

Should have made it when I was on Pearl Jam concert, if someone from PJ responded to it, that would really be something! (But I was to frantic to make anything before PJ in Zagreb, I could hardly think straight.)
    Anyway here we got smiles and waves from Chris - the bass player..which was nice.
    Both are awesome live acts in their own way.
    I totally agree. I didn't mean to compare it's so different - but both bands have one thing in common - they play excellent music. ;)

____

• libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    :cool: I'd love to see them. I love their new album.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    A body's got to admit that there must be something special about a band that can sell out Wembley Stadium in 35 minutes.

Wembley fucking Stadium! Oh my!!!

And I was just listening to "Time Is Running Out" on the radio this morn (one my fav Muse tunes!)
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Yeah really...And there is gonna be a second night in Wembley. Would love to go but the trip is damn expensive..
    Btw...People from Uk! I! Would!..like to buy singles from Muse...am trying on Ebay but don't have paypal..so it's so-so..If anyone is willing to help me please PM me. I am also wondering what is the price on these or any singles?
    Here in Slovenia they usually don't come into the stores..(any singles not just from Muse).

____

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I saw them twice on the Absolution tour, I agree, they are absolutely fantastic. One of the best over all shows for sound and lighting. Theatrical without being campy and over the top. Matts guitar sounds are amazing, but like with most or all of my favorite bands.....the bass and drums lay the perfect foundation for the gravy of guitar and piano.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.