Mogwai - Kids Will Be Skeletons

cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
edited October 2007 in Other Music
I could seriously listen to this song all day on repeat with nothing else going on. Pure beauty.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Get the album that its on Happy Songs for Happy People, its really good, probably my favourite Mogwai album.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    stu gee wrote:
    Get the album that its on Happy Songs for Happy People, its really good, probably my favourite Mogwai album.

That's actually how I discovered it. Back in college, my friend had it lying around and I thought 'hey I like that cover art it's interesting'. She let me borrow it to give a listen, and I was hooked on the whole thing. Visited Scotland a few months back and was kicking myself for not having some Mogwai around to listen to while we were driving around, especially up in the Highlands. The music would have only enhanced the visuals.
    cc10106 wrote:
    That's actually how I discovered it. Back in college, my friend had it lying around and I thought 'hey I like that cover art it's interesting'. She let me borrow it to give a listen, and I was hooked on the whole thing. Visited Scotland a few months back and was kicking myself for not having some Mogwai around to listen to while we were driving around, especially up in the Highlands. The music would have only enhanced the visuals.

Id love to see them live, meant to be really amazing. I only started listening to them maybe just under a year ago and they've quickly become one of my favourite bands ever. Not sure if you've seen it before but if you have the time, watch this live performance of Helicon 1. I posted about it in the thread about youtube videos that give you shivers and this is definitely one that does this for me! At 4 mins 22 seconds when it really kicks in, it really is pretty special. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dnNNN6S-YcE
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    incredible video, thanks for the link.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    stu gee wrote:
    Id love to see them live, meant to be really amazing. I only started listening to them maybe just under a year ago and they've quickly become one of my favourite bands ever. Not sure if you've seen it before but if you have the time, watch this live performance of Helicon 1. I posted about it in the thread about youtube videos that give you shivers and this is definitely one that does this for me! At 4 mins 22 seconds when it really kicks in, it really is pretty special. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dnNNN6S-YcE
    that was really something else.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    that was really something else.

Yeah, no matter how many times i see it i still get a tingly feeling lol The echoey guitar near the start is amazing, and then when it kicks in quite heavy it really looks phenomenal. A light show like that can really add to the music. I remember seeing Massive Attack once and the light show was really unbelievable. Cant imagine what id would have been like to have been at that performance though, looks really cool. The guys from Mogwai somtimes drink in some of the wee pubs i drink in apparently, wish they would play more local gigs though!! Most of their shows seem to be abroad.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    stu gee wrote:
    Yeah, no matter how many times i see it i still get a tingly feeling lol The echoey guitar near the start is amazing, and then when it kicks in quite heavy it really looks phenomenal. A light show like that can really add to the music. I remember seeing Massive Attack once and the light show was really unbelievable. Cant imagine what id would have been like to have been at that performance though, looks really cool. The guys from Mogwai somtimes drink in some of the wee pubs i drink in apparently, wish they would play more local gigs though!! Most of their shows seem to be abroad.
    apparently in the early days they were never out of Glasgow venues. My uncle saw them (and every other scottish band :D) about 30 times
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    apparently in the early days they were never out of Glasgow venues. My uncle saw them (and every other scottish band :D) about 30 times

They played at a festival called Connect in August of this year but i havent seen them advertise many Glasgow shows for ages, bit frustrating!! This is a live show recorded in Denver, Colorado last year at a place called Gothic Theatre, one of the best live recordings ive ever heard, highly reccommend it.

http://www.archive.org/download/mogwai2006-05-03.sbd.remaster.flac16/mogwai2006-05-03.sbd.remaster.flac16_vbr_mp3.zip