Loreena McKennitt?

rod_farvarod_farva Posts: 13
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Just wondering if any of you PJ people have heard of her or listen to her stuff.

I just got this "e-card" in my email, it might interest you.

http://www.quinlanroad.com/ecard/ecard-eng.html

As usual, if you haven't heard her, I'd encourage you to do so. It's weird stuff, but worth listening to I think.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    This autumn will see the release of Loreena McKennitt’s seventh full-length studio album, An Ancient Muse, worldwide.

As with her earlier albums, McKennitt takes her inspiration from the Celtic peoples, fusing the melodic sensibility of Scottish and Irish balladry with musical traditions from Greece, Turkey, Spain and even Scandinavia. The recording is McKennitt’s first new studio album since 1997’s The Book of Secrets, a multi-platinum success worldwide.

The album, which was recorded at Real World Studios in England and features a host of internationally acclaimed musical guests and exotic instrumentation, takes the listener on a journey from the Scottish borders to the caravanserais of the Silk Road and the wine-dark seas of Homer’s Odyssey.

An Ancient Muse will be released on Quinlan Road/Verve in the United States, via Universal Music in Canada and a number of other territories, and in collaboration with a further range of labels in selected countries.

Visit the Quinlan Road/Loreena McKennitt official website in the coming weeks for further details on our release partners for An Ancient Muse

Holy hell, it's about fucking time.

I love her stuff. Book of Secrets is incredible- especially Dante's Prayer.

Seeing that it's been recorded at Real World gives me hope that a certain Peter Gabriel might have played a part. Hearing them collaborate on a track would be something interesting, I'd think.
  • SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    That's cool. A while back I heard she was to stop recording completey after her husband died. Good to see she's back. I liked her last two albums--Book of Secrets is a classic. This one sounds like it could be even better. I always liked the more exotic sounding tracks on her albums, and this one sounds like it might be filled with those.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Back in high school after most of our house parties - nights spent listening to Ministry, Faith No More and Pearl Jam - we would often end the night by shutting off all the lights and chilling out/sparking up to "The Lady Of Shalott" from The Visit. The room would spin and all was well. Such an amazing voice.
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • probably one of the most beautiful voices you'll ever hear.
  • SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    Todd76 wrote:
    Back in high school after most of our house parties - nights spent listening to Ministry, Faith No More and Pearl Jam - we would often end the night by shutting off all the lights and chilling out/sparking up to "The Lady Of Shalott" from The Visit. The room would spin and all was well. Such an amazing voice.

Sounds like a good time to me!
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho