Slowdive

KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Discover them recently.
I promise you their is no other band whos music goes straight into your body like this one does

If I could compare them i guess portishead is pretty close.

They played a form of slow music with ALOT of guitar effects, and they don´t use anything else then guitars.(and drums and bas)
Just to play them and turn the volym up and relax and see how you body gets to another level.

Some great songs. Slowdown, avalyn, morningrise, she calls, catch the breeze
2006 Paris, Prague
2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    hello sweden.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Slowdive is one of my favorite bands - with Souvlaki being one of my fav albums of all time, it's a classic. Very spacy/dreamy/beautiful/atmospheric/"shoegazer" music. My favorite songs would have to be: Alison, Machine Gun, 40 Days, When The Sun Hits, Dagger (all off Souvlaki) and Spanish Air and Catch The Breeze (off Just For A Day)

Neil Halstead (the lead singer for Slowdive) went on to form Mojave 3 after Slowdive broke up.....they have (and continue to) released several AMAZING albums (my fav being Spoon and Rafter). They have a kinda "alt-country" vibe - really good stuff.
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    Todd76 wrote:
    Slowdive is one of my favorite bands - with Souvlaki being one of my fav albums of all time, it's a classic. Very spacy/dreamy/beautiful/atmospheric/"shoegazer" music. My favorite songs would have to be: Alison, Machine Gun, 40 Days, When The Sun Hits, Dagger (all off Souvlaki) and Spanish Air and Catch The Breeze (off Just For A Day)

Neil Halstead (the lead singer for Slowdive) went on to form Mojave 3 after Slowdive broke up.....they have (and continue to) released several AMAZING albums (my fav being Spoon and Rafter). They have a kinda "alt-country" vibe - really good stuff.

I just have "Just for a day" double album, my firend who got me in to them, says it´s only that record wich it´s good, then it get to much singing and poping in their music, so it´s not worth listen to. But I may have to tried the other aswell.
    2006 Paris, Prague
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Kirkwood wrote:
    I just have "Just for a day" double album, my firend who got me in to them, says it´s only that record wich it´s good, then it get to much singing and poping in their music, so it´s not worth listen to. But I may have to tried the other aswell.

hmmmm - my Just For A Day is only a single disc....so i'm not sure what you are hearing (or why your friend would like that album and not Souvlaki - which is FAR superior IMO).....but most of the songs on Souvlaki have vocals (as do most of the songs on my version of Just For A Day), so if it is only the intrumental stuff that you are into it may not be your cup of tea......I would still recommend checking it out - its pretty GREAT stuff
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    The double album is a complication of their first singles + just for one day.
    About the singing, i love it on this record but, but I´ve heard they sing clear and alot more, I really like the hmmming. If you know what I mean=)
    2006 Paris, Prague
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Kirkwood wrote:
    Discover them recently.
    I promise you their is no other band whos music goes straight into your body like this one does

If I could compare them i guess portishead is pretty close.

They played a form of slow music with ALOT of guitar effects, and they don´t use anything else then guitars.(and drums and bas)
    Just to play them and turn the volym up and relax and see how you body gets to another level.

Some great songs. Slowdown, avalyn, morningrise, she calls, catch the breeze
    Slowdive are a dream

a really fucking good one
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"