dREdG - Unbelievable Music!

macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
edited August 2006 in Other Music
your goal to obtain their records...preferably El CIelo

verrry verry coool ..they should open for Pearl Jam

i heard they are a tight band live... by tight i mean when they play they dont mess up
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drew2420drew2420 Posts: 61
    Yeah dredg is amazing, El Cielo is one of my favorite albums, good stuff.
  • macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
    drew2420 wrote:
    Yeah dredg is amazing, El Cielo is one of my favorite albums, good stuff.

it supposedly helps you with sleep paralysis to.
    its so original and brilliant... i never understand why bands like panic at the disco are famous and bands like these go unnoticed..El Cielo could possibly be the best whole concept album ever...
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    They are a very good band. they put on a very fun and energetic show as well. I like El Cielo the best, but their most recent effort Catch Without Arms ( i think that was the name) was really cool too.

They are doing a free show in somewhere in CA soon i think it is some kind of myspace secret show where they will play el cielo in it's entirety and then play a few off catch without arms too.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    They are a very good band. they put on a very fun and energetic show as well. I like El Cielo the best, but their most recent effort Catch Without Arms ( i think that was the name) was really cool too.

They are doing a free show in somewhere in CA soon i think it is some kind of myspace secret show where they will play el cielo in it's entirety and then play a few off catch without arms too.

i think its leitmotif they are playing in its enitirety... which like the other 2 albums is completely different and experimental but came out great i think...

even catch without arms is awesome and thats a concept album to ..the first half and last half compare .. ptimists/pessimists kinda thing..half full/ half empty and cliches'

but leitmotif is just a continuous hard rocking album... beautiful

and they made that album before mars volta even formed...which i think alot of bands (editors) have copied from them.. they are innovators

surveyors from california
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    Man i wish I lived out on the west coast so i could see those 2 shows, but east coast it is.

Anyway Dredg is truly an amazing band, catch without arms, and el ceilo are great, saw em open up for coheed and cambria and I wish dredg was headlining instead of them!

They rock and im really suprised that they dont have as many fans as they should.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• garden24garden24 Posts: 15
    I think i might have finally check out there show in santa cruz...yall shoudl def. check out Dredg, i love listening to them on long drives....
    It makes much more sense to live life in the present tense
  • Niiiiice, another Dredg thread. They deserve it. As someone else mentioned, the amount of artistry that goes into their albums is rivaled by very few bands out there.
  • what they put out is the sheer artistry music needs, much as pearl jam is, 2 live topics at once... sweet.
    PearlJam134.gif
  • Bumping this thread because it's been way too long since I've seen this band mentioned :P I cannot wait to see them again. One of the best performing bands you will see right now.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HmuytGMlItc
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    agreeing again!!! they're on a west coast tour right now, or very soon anyway.

Then they're releasing a new album soon and will hopefully tour around to where I can go see them.

This band has been in my top 5 bands for a few years now!

Catch without arms is probly like 6 bucks now, go do yourselves a favor and pick it up!

edit, just realized this thread is over a year old, wow :D
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• a5pj wrote:
    agreeing again!!! they're on a west coast tour right now, or very soon anyway.

Then they're releasing a new album soon and will hopefully tour around to where I can go see them.

This band has been in my top 5 bands for a few years now!

Catch without arms is probly like 6 bucks now, go do yourselves a favor and pick it up!

edit, just realized this thread is over a year old, wow :D
    Yeah, can't wait for the new album and tour!