Tenacious D in The Pick Of Destiny

HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
edited November 2006 in Other Music
I listen to these guys for what they're about JOKES! The movie is getting panned and I found it to be more entertaining than I expected. I mean what should you expect from them. I went expecting some crude humor intermixed with a little music. Thinking it would be your average B-movie but what I got was a lot more of the things I expected and found the whole experience great.

Anyone else or is everyone here to serious about life?
#FHP
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I went in expecting a 100 minute version of the HBO shorts, and that's what I got. I liked it a good bit. Funny thing happened at the part where Kage goes off with the sorority girls. The film got caught in the projector and melted. For about a minute, I thought it might be part of the film.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • It really should've been funnier imo. It was OK.

Funniest part was the first acoustic song Black and Gass play together on Venice Beach.

'I really think it's time to fucking rock' LOL

I got bored about halfway through. The joke is fine, but it IS only one joke. This wasn't a shade on the Wayne's World movies.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • movie-bad. album-bad. they're trying to hard!!! go back to old tenacious d!!!
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
    the D are on SNL this weekend.
    platessmall.jpg
  • lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    Horos wrote:
    Thinking it would be your average B-movie but what I got was a lot more of the things I expected and found the whole experience great.

I feel the same. I enjoyed the movie, didn't require any mental capacity to enjoy so it was fun in that sense. I was exhausted from an afternoon of paintball so it was a good relaxing time.

Now, I'm not a pot smoker at all, but I seem to like movies like this and Harold & Kumar. Not for the drug use, but the crazy little adventures they get into.
    Maybe its because my high school friends were all tokers.
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • TaftTaft Posts: 454
    I saw the D last night in Boston (the band, not the movie), it was awesome.
  • Great band..

i've heard good and bad things about the movie but I expect it to be worth the cost of a ticket.

thanks for the heads up about SNL, i had no idea :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    I liked the movie. Sometimes I enjoy shutting my brain off and laughing like a moron.
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • LetiLeti Posts: 25
    I thought the movie was hilarious, and no I wasn't high. I went with my son and his two friends. We laughed through out the entire movie.

My absolute favorite part is when Dave Grohl played the devil. He is the sexiest devil I've seen on film. Even though he had all that makeup on and those fluffy goat pants. The whole rocking out on the drums and guitar was pure sexy just like he is in real life.

A must see! True Jack Black form through and through. If you like his since of humor, you'll love this movie.

Is it me, or did anyone else here a few riffs from School of Rock?
    09.05.92 / 10.14.00 / 04.06.03 / 05.16.06 / 05.17.06

Leti
  • SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    that movie was awesome, the best part was when jack blacks character was tripping on sshrooms and it showed him going down a lake in his dream and in real life he is in the ocean
  • chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    black is just so 'played' these days. i see him and i just wince. enough is enough. stop being a 'character'. stand for something.
    enough is enough.
  • Saw the film last night and really enjoyed it, it was what I was expecting, just plain silly.
    Going to see them live on the 13th Dec, really looking forwards to it.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Crazy website, thanks.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    Come over here...so I can stab you.

Uh, No.

Loved it.
    i know some stuff may be controversial -

but is this a movie for young kids ? :confused:
    The problem is alot ofkids saw and loved The School Of Rock " but obviously the content in this movie may be a little more mature...

thanks !
    platessmall.jpg
  • I just saw it last night... Have to admit, I was disappointed. Someone else here said that they're trying too hard. I agree-- don't know what it was, but there were just so many parts of the movie where they were trying to be funny, but it just really wasn't. I'm a pretty big fan of the D, I LOVE their first cd, so I got a great deal of the jokes. Was there too much plot, and not enough goofin off? I don't know, but it just didn't tickle me the way I wanted it to.

Anyway, hope their show at the GARDEN to night is better, cause I'm goin!
    Anyway, hope their show at the GARDEN to night is better, cause I'm goin!
    still have great seats available for this- im very tempted to go in to checkem out .

lower sides still coming up at ticketbastards.
    platessmall.jpg
    it's rated R

i knew the rating.

but theres a vast difference in the occasional F bomb ,....... or a scene where JB is giving head to KG . thats all i was trying to find out- .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    still have great seats available for this- im very tempted to go in to checkem out .

lower sides still coming up at ticketbastards.

Did you end up going? I did! It was fuckin awesome! Even though I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, I was glad I saw it first-- made a lot of the jokes at the concert a lot funnier. I was pretty drunk too, but still, a really great show with or without booze.
    regretabley i didnt make it.

id prefer this in a small clublike setting. But to each their own, i'm glad you had a good time - with or without booze. :D
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    i knew the rating.

but theres a vast difference in the occasional F bomb ,....... or a scene where JB is giving head to KG . thats all i was trying to find out- .

Young kids shouldn't ever go to a movie rated R.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    Young kids shouldn't ever go to a movie rated R.

depends. I saw the South Park movie with my mom when I was like 14 or 15 and it didn't harm me in any which way. I guess it all really depends on the age and the type of kid.

The only thing that I think would merit this movie having an R rating is the constant pot use/references. Its rated 14A (anyone over 14 can get in) here. I guess they've realized that anyone over 12 in Canada knows what weed is :p

EDIT: I thought you said YOUR kids not young kids. Kind of makes my point about the age a little pointless in this case :D
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i've gotta try and catch this movie sometime this week. looks hilarious in a d sort of way.