Bono/The Edge: Off the Record (HBO)

mookie_in_eugenemookie_in_eugene Posts: 1,090
edited November 2006 in Other Music
If you have a chance, check out the HBO interview of Bono and The Edge. Very good discussions about their songs among other things. The explaining of Bullet the Blue Sky both musically and politically is very interesting.
"Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• great interview. I like how it seems unedited. I wish PJ would do something like this. I love Joe's Pub too. great vibe for the interview and concerts.

a diff between PJ and U2. if PJ did an HBO show at Joe's pub guaranteed they would have done a show/short set there as well.
  • stranger34 wrote:
    great interview. I like how it seems unedited. I wish PJ would do something like this. I love Joe's Pub too. great vibe for the interview and concerts.

a diff between PJ and U2. if PJ did an HBO show at Joe's pub guaranteed they would have done a show/short set there as well.

PJ did do VH1's storytellers, but that wasn't quite as intimate as what U2 and HBO did last night. Both show were great.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    That was an excellent show! Dave Stewart....not only an intelligient and comfortable host, but a well dressed one, as well!

The digging into the songs, the spontaneous moments with the audience, the clarity on some things...great stuff.

It's an great idea for an HBO series and Ihope it continues on Stewart said that his ultimate 2 guests would be Prince and Dylan...I'd stay up late to watch those two shows!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    very cool interview, very interesting...I especially enjoyed hearing them talk about the records he pulled out and about the specific songs (whoever yelled out "Acrobat" deserves a bit pat on the back)
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Damn. I hope my buddy who is taking care of my house TiVo'd this.