confession

zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
edited August 2006 in Other Music
actually not really a confession but i like red hot chili peppers more than pj an im not afraid to say it, the weird thing is im not on their web site but they charge there and i dont have a card
-Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
Los Angeles, 1969
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    I wish they charged people on this website for posting in the wrong forum.

BTW, they rank nowhere near PJ for me, but I like them and have seen them a few times. I'm seeing them again on Saturday.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
    where are they playing?
    -Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Seattle. Actually the White River Amphitheater in Auburn. It is KNDD The End's annual ENDFest:

RHCP
    Mars Volta
    Snow Patrol
    Wolfmother
    Eagles of Death Metal
    The Subways
    Nine Black Alps
    Rock Kills Kid
    The Gossip
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    I saw them live at the san diego sports arena in 1996. I didn't think they were that great. I could've sworn that the footage from their "Coffee Shop" video was taken from the san diego show that I went to.

I was pretty excited about seeing them live because I thought they had OK music, but the show just didn't do much for me. Not to mention, there were a lot of empty seats. The San Diego Sports arena has terrible acoustics anyway. When I saw PJ there in 2003, it was extremely disappointing to hear all the feedback whirling around inside the stadium.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    zelda4ever wrote:
    actually not really a confession but i like red hot chili peppers more than pj an im not afraid to say it, the weird thing is im not on their web site but they charge there and i dont have a card

don't sweat it. there are a few bands i like more than pearl jam.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    don't sweat it. there are a few bands i like more than pearl jam.

there are a few bands you like more than pearl jam? how many posts do you have on their boards? wow.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    jeffbr wrote:
    Seattle. Actually the White River Amphitheater in Auburn. It is KNDD The End's annual ENDFest:

RHCP
    Mars Volta
    Snow Patrol
    Wolfmother
    Eagles of Death Metal
    The Subways
    Nine Black Alps
    Rock Kills Kid
    The Gossip

ILL BE THERE> its a last minute decision, dont have a ticket, but looks worth it.

also seeing RHCP in vancouver. second row floor dead center. YES!
    frusciante here i come!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    there are a few bands you like more than pearl jam? how many posts do you have on their boards? wow.

LOL. no kidding.
  • sponger wrote:
    I saw them live at the san diego sports arena in 1996. I didn't think they were that great. I could've sworn that the footage from their "Coffee Shop" video was taken from the san diego show that I went to.

I was pretty excited about seeing them live because I thought they had OK music, but the show just didn't do much for me. Not to mention, there were a lot of empty seats. The San Diego Sports arena has terrible acoustics anyway. When I saw PJ there in 2003, it was extremely disappointing to hear all the feedback whirling around inside the stadium.

I don't think it was the venue. I love the Chili Peppers studio albums but I've seen them twice live and they kind of sucked both times. Anthony Kiedis is just not a good live singer at the shows I've seen and the TV performances I've seen. I'm not sure what the problem is, cuz their studio albums are great. Maybe the dude's voice is doctored up some, cuz he doesn't have the range live.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Yea, I'm pretty sure that the Chili's are just kinda lame live. Same show every night, and just not a good performance from Kiedis (at least from what I've seen).

Also, Pearl Jam are only my favorite group that are still together, not my favorite of all time (but close).
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    RHCP don't compare to PJ live.

i've seen them both and must say the chili peppers seemed like any average band on the stage. frusciante is the only one who awes me when he plays. even though i love their music i'll be the first to admit they're overrated.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    RHCP don't compare to PJ live.

i've seen them both and must say the chili peppers seemed like any average band on the stage. frusciante is the only one who awes me when he plays. even though i love their music i'll be the first to admit they're overrated.
    i woulnt say overrated but more like over the top i mean of course he sounds bad on stage everyone does because in studios they need to play each line of the song over and over until it sounds right,on stage they have one chance to do it rhcp is the worlds most talented band in my opinion,just a little rough around the edges...eddies good on stage because he probably practices a little more than anthony,and i dont really know cus ive never seen any show live,plus anthony is getting old so cut him some slack

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    I've gotta chime in and strongly disagree with those who said the Chili's aren't great live. I've seen them twice and those were two of the best shows I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot of shows (including Pearl Jam twice). I also have 2 live DVD's and plenty of live audio bootlegs. I guess it depends on what you look for in a rock show. I guess it's a legitimate complaint that they don't vary their setlists that much, but for me, they make up for it with their improvisational abilities. Personally, I'll take an improvised Frusciante guitar solo over a Trey Anastasio solo (or any other current guitarist for that matter) any day. They way Frusciante and Flea improvise together is incredible - it's almost like they have a telepathic connection. It brings to mind live Zeppelin or Hendrix. To me, that makes their shows amazing, even if Anthony is having an off night on vocals. Plus, even if Anthony isn't hitting all the notes, in my opinion, he brings an energy to every performance of his that no other frontman can match. The last time I saw them (in D.C. on the By The Way tour) he never stopped moving. He was bouncing around the stage the whole night. It really punctuated the energy of the songs and got the crowd into the show. To each their own.
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    RHCP are a good band. They have put out good music for a long time. They just are not great.
  • I’m going to be a tart here. My favorite bands are all equal; I like different ones for sometimes different reason. However, they are all similar in the respect of their ability to make me feel something deeply. PJ always takes me on a magical journey, Jet and Nirvana allow me to feel the one “I luv.” Neil Young allows me to feel compassion and contempt (i.e., politicians). Finally, Iggy Pop allows me to roll in crushed glass naked ;p
    Can't you see that there's light in the dark.
    Nothing's quite what it seems in the city of dreams.
    (Wolfmother)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grand Rapids 2006