Van Halen question

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited October 2007 in Other Music
okay, i had an agument at work over a certain lyric in "Jump". is it:

Can't you see me standing here i got my back against the record machine

or

Can't you see me standing here i got my back against the wrecking machine

i always thought it was wrecking and even if he IS saying record that just sounds lame. i mean, come on. DLR is the man and wrecking just sounds so much cooler!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    record machine.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    record machine.....as in jukebox....wtf is a wrecking machine and why would he be leaning on it?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    cutback wrote:
    record machine.....as in jukebox....wtf is a wrecking machine and why would he be leaning on it?
    i don't know but it just sounds so much cooler!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cutback wrote:

Maybe it's a construction worker that likes to jump?
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • i don't know but it just sounds so much cooler!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't feel bad, i thought it was wrecking machine too. and you're right, only someone as cool as dave can even think about putting their back on the wrecking machine.
    Now the record machine? thats something sammy hagar would do. I'm pissed.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Wrecking machine? Maybe if it were the Village People it would fit in. The construction guy asking 'can't you see me standing here, I've got my back against the wrecking machine, I ain't the worst that you've seen, oh, can't you see what I mean.' And then learning that he has aids from the others in the band, well he might as well "jump".
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    even flow? wrote:
    Wrecking machine? Maybe if it were the Village People it would fit in. The construction guy asking 'can't you see me standing here, I've got my back against the wrecking machine, I ain't the worst that you've seen, oh, can't you see what I mean.' And then learning that he has aids from the others in the band, well he might as well "jump".

I want to 'jump' after reading that post and I didn't even get aids from the wrecking machine.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...