Vinyl shopping today

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited February 2008 in Other Music
total was $87. here's what i got (some guilty pleasures in here)

The Cars- Candy O
The Cars- Panorama
Neil Young-Neil Young
Neil Young-Reactor
Phil Collins-Hello, I Must Be Going!
David Lee Roth-Crazy From The Heat EP
Bruce Springsteen-The Wild The Innocent And The E Street Shuffle
Bruce Springsteen-Magic (new)
Best Of The Delfonics
Genesis-Duke
Genesis-ABACAB
Genesis-Invisible Touch
Lou Reed-Street Hassle
U2-Boy
U2-October
U2-War
New York Dolls-New York Dolls (new)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hello, I Must Be Going on vinyl would be suuuuuuhweet.

You can't hurry love, no, you'll just have to wait....good times.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Hello, I Must Be Going on vinyl would be suuuuuuhweet.

You can't hurry love, no, you'll just have to wait....good times.
    for some reason i have a thing for Collins alone w/ drums or w/ piano. i love his drum sound on Face Value and Hello I Must Be Going! same with "Mama" from the self titled Genesis album.
  • His drumming on I Don't Care Anymore rocks me hard every time.
  • for some reason i have a thing for Collins alone w/ drums or w/ piano. i love his drum sound on Face Value and Hello I Must Be Going! same with "Mama" from the self titled Genesis album.

'mama' drums are great.

i just picked up steve vai's 'passion and warfare' on vinyl. been trying to get my fingers on a 'flexable' lp, but to no avail. i also got the new moe. album on vinyl.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Besides for a couple of those, I have got most of those same records for under 10 dollars total.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • magic must have been 40% of that 87$, no?

'

by the way, how good is WAR? holy crap.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • 'mama' drums are great.

i just picked up steve vai's 'passion and warfare' on vinyl. been trying to get my fingers on a 'flexable' lp, but to no avail. i also got the new moe. album on vinyl.

Thanks for reminding me about the new moe. on vinyl, they didn't have it available on the site, so i just checked and there it is, so i ordered.

To the O.P., nice pick up there- though i'm not much of a collins fan. I need to go out sometime and do some shopping!
    magic must have been 40% of that 87$, no?

'

by the way, how good is WAR? holy crap.
    yeah, i think Magic was about $15-20... not bad because my girlfriend was going to get that for me for Christmas but it cost something like $30 plus shipping... forget that.

i believe those U2 records are reissues. played Side A of War yesterday and it sounded very fucking awesome! "Like A Song" and "Drowning Man" are two of my favorite U2 songs.
  • $87? You made out like a bandit.

Where about in Pennsylvania are you? Pittsburgh may be as somewhat lame city, but we do have lots of places for vinyl.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
    $87? You made out like a bandit.

Where about in Pennsylvania are you? Pittsburgh may be as somewhat lame city, but we do have lots of places for vinyl.
    Berks County. near Reading. about an hour or so outside of Philly.

the place i went to was called Record Connection and there was this employee there who's stuck in the 80s. he looks like he coulda been in Faster Pussycat or something!! my girlfriend was looking at a Journey record and he walked by and said, "Oh, everytime i listen to that record i get a hard-on"!!!!!!!!!!! this guy is hilarious.
  • 15-20$ for new bruce vinyl is VERY effing good. its in a store here for 36$.
    nice job.

as for U2 war:

seconds
    refugee
    two hearts

all great. and of course the two classics: SBS and NYD
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • so, its my day off and I just got back from my vinyl shop and i think ive got you beat:::

AC/DC back in black
    Talking Heads speaking in tongues
    REM eponymous
    Bruce Springsteen nebraska
    The Beatles white album
    The Doors weird scenes inside the gold mine
    Tone Loc funky cold medina
    digital underground doowutchyalike
    commander cody weve got a live one here

37$
    so, its my day off and I just got back from my vinyl shop and i think ive got you beat:::

AC/DC back in black
    Talking Heads speaking in tongues
    REM eponymous
    Bruce Springsteen nebraska
    The Beatles white album
    The Doors weird scenes inside the gold mine
    Tone Loc funky cold medina
    digital underground doowutchyalike
    commander cody weve got a live one here

37$
    UGH!! you found Nebraska???!!!! that's one record i've been dying to get on vinyl.... Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine?????? my uncle has that on cassette.... White Album-NICE. they had some Beatles shit at the place i went but even for a used LP they wanted $10-15. nope.

not a fan of AC/DC or Digital Underground. Talking Heads i can take or leave... REM is decent, i'd have to see the tracklisting though. Commander Cody-i have no idea what that is.