Older Screaming Trees albums

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited March 2008 in Other Music
i haven't heard anything by The Screaming Trees pre Uncle Anesthesia. shit, i haven't heard anyone even talk about those records on this board. who's heard them.... what's worth picking up?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have Even If Especially When...it's deent, not that great and kinda bland. But there are a few "good" songs on there.
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I've heard them and am not a big fan. I generally stick to anything Uncle Anesthesia and beyond.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    Buzz Facotry and the Change Has Come EP are both quality. The discs before Buzz Factory get very low-fi sounding. I'd reccomend the SST Years Anthology disc to get a feel for that period. It has three or so tunes from each of the earlier discs. Then get Buzz Factory. Change Has Come may be a bit more difficult, as it may be out of print.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I've got 'em all. They're all really good for the most part. There's an anthology of early stuff if you can find it.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    thanks guys!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I have Even If Especially When...it's deent, not that great and kinda bland. But there are a few "good" songs on there.
    agreed
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    it is good, you should get the SST stuff
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    Buzz Factory
    went to Best Buy today just to check out what they had....they had NOTHING.

i hate that store.
  • mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    why would go to a corporate record store? go to your local underground store and support them!
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
    mark arm wrote:
    why would go to a corporate record store? go to your local underground store and support them!
    because i was in the area and because my local indie store SUCKS. very expensive and a very shitty selection.

there is a decent one close but it is about 20 miles away and my girlfriend was having foot surgery.. i was killing time.