Frances the Mute and my iPod

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited February 2007 in Other Music
dude, what the fuck is up w/ splitting your songs up???? i put my iPod on shuffle and i'll be all excited for a Mars Volta song and it's only like a minute and a half because the stupid band decided to split up their tracks. pisses me off so much!!

i happen to like long-ass songs on my iPod, does this piss anyone else off?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Plant a Nail in the Navel Stream or Tarantism (on my Frances the Mute, they are the only ones under 1:30 mins).
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • felixfelix Posts: 19
    By rumor, I heard that the record company threaten to pay them only for an EP if they didn't split up the tracks. Don't quote me on it though.
    Sorry... i got nothing witty to say in the time allotted to me.

• merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Reimport it. When you have the cd in, select the tracks to put together, and choose 'Advanced -> Join CD Tracks'. Then reimport and they should always play together.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • darthdarth Posts: 139
    felix wrote:
    By rumor, I heard that the record company threaten to pay them only for an EP if they didn't split up the tracks. Don't quote me on it though.

Not sure about the not paying thing but it is true that the record company told them to split up the tracks on the final song so that it wasn't one 30 minute song.

When I saw them a couple of years ago they played the entire song live, that was amazing.
    9/16/95; 10/14/00; 10/15/00; 10/17/00; 4/5/03; 4/6/03; 10/04/09; 11/12/12 (Ed); 11/16/13; 10/12/14
  • Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    felix wrote:

yeah i heard the same thing too, i think i read it in the nme or something
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.