any CLUTCH fans here?

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited December 2006 in Other Music
amazing band. in my top 5 along w/ PJ and Springsteen. i've seen them 4 times now and will see them for the fifth time at the end of the month in Reading, PA. their new record should be out in Feb, so i'm sure to hear new songs.

if you don't know this band i urge you to check out the records Blast Tyrant, Robot Hive/Exodus, The Elephant Riders, Jam Room .. etc.

http://www.pro-rock.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I am a HUGE Clutch fan, been so ever since 1994 era, one of my top 10 bands. I always preach to people who like rock, funk-rock, prog-rock that they should listen to this band. They are phenomenal. The drummer is amazing. I have seen them at least 6 times over the years and own all their albums, plus a sweet Clutch hoodie.

They are not coming around my area for this new tour, so I would love to hear what you think of any new songs they play.

Pure Rock Fury !!!!!!!!!!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Flat out amazing band, I missed the latest show in Toledo due to illness, but yes they were whipping out some new tunes that I've been told are just awesome.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • I've liked what I've heard. I've never seen them live, but a friend kept pushing them on me. So far, I have Robot Hive and Pure Rock Fury. What shoud I grab next?
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Am I a fan of Clutch? :p

Well, lets put it this way. I bought Passive Restraints when it was NEW...that's right...back in the year of our lord nineteen hundred and ninety-two.

Have seen them before they were a blip on anyone's screen. Have seen them since they have ascended to the throne of stoner rock gods...and suffered the knuckle-dragging troglodytes that comprise most of the crowd at their shows these days. They still rock, even if their crowd makes me wonder if Darwin wasn't onto something with his theory of evolution. :D
  • I've liked what I've heard. I've never seen them live, but a friend kept pushing them on me. So far, I have Robot Hive and Pure Rock Fury. What shoud I grab next?

Blast Tyrant then Elephant Riders
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • This is what sucks about living in New Brunswick.

When you're a fan of a band like Clutch, you have no hope of seeing them live unless you take a long road trip.

Although, New Year's Eve in Baltimore with Clutch AND The Sword would be soooo worth the trip.
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV
  • Blast Tyrant then Elephant Riders

Right on. Thanks, I'll be picking 'em up after the holidays!
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    sickwillie wrote:
    This is what sucks about living in New Brunswick.

When you're a fan of a band like Clutch, you have no hope of seeing them live unless you take a long road trip.

Although, New Year's Eve in Baltimore with Clutch AND The Sword would be soooo worth the trip.

Dunno about that. I'm here, and I'm not going. :)

Wooly Mammoth are playing too. They're really good. Rams Head Live is cool because it's a smoke-free venue. Parking will be crazy bad because it's the harbor on NYE.
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    they is on my ever growing list of bands to listen too.......its just way too
    frickin long at the moment!! a mate from college is big into em so thats
    who i'll annoy now!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london