The Killers-Shadowplay

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited February 2008 in Other Music
how awesome is this song???!!! i've heard it numerous times this week and i'm blown away everytime. i caught the video last night and i was equally impressed. thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Much better than anything on that piece of crap they called Sams Town. Joy Division version is still better though.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • you do know its a cover right??
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • is it from sawdust?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    is it from sawdust?

yes, it is.

the killers are really a great band. i cant wait for more great music from them in the future. and i dont get why people dont like sam's town...that album is fucking brilliant.
  • chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    how awesome is this song???!!! i've heard it numerous times this week and i'm blown away everytime. i caught the video last night and i was equally impressed. thoughts?
    i know it's a cover and yes, this song is beyond awesome.

i can't get enough of it.

this appears to be one of those songs a band separate from the one that wrote it was meant to play.
    crown of thorns, anyone?
    yes, it is.

the killers are really a great band. i cant wait for more great music from them in the future. and i dont get why people dont like sam's town...that album is fucking brilliant.

How is it brilliant?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

How is it brilliant?

brilliant might have been overdoing it a little bit. but it is a fantastic album. all of the tracks are great, imo. you are entitled to your own of course. i love the album and i love the band.
    brilliant might have been overdoing it a little bit. but it is a fantastic album. all of the tracks are great, imo. you are entitled to your own of course. i love the album and i love the band.

I thought the album was so bad that I pretty much gave up on the band after it
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

I thought the album was so bad that I pretty much gave up on the band after it

really? what don't you like about it? i thought it was a lot more consistant than hot fuss. every track is very good or better, imo even though hot fuss has 3 of their best songs: change your mind, all these things ive done, and on top.
    really? what don't you like about it? i thought it was a lot more consistant than hot fuss. every track is very good or better, imo even though hot fuss has 3 of their best songs: change your mind, all these things ive done, and on top.

Hate the sound, the vocals dont work for it, the songs that were good grew stale real quick, and I find it shocking that the singer said something along lines that it is one of the best albums in the last 20 years.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Hate the sound, the vocals dont work for it, the songs that were good grew stale real quick, and I find it shocking that the singer said something along lines that it is one of the best albums in the last 20 years.

yah, brandon flowers was out of line when he made that statement. i wouldn't go that far. idk, i guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. i love the group, and they are really incredible live to boot.
    you do know its a cover right??
    yes i did know that.