The Dillinger Escape Plan on Conan

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited February 2008 in Other Music
did anyone catch them playing "Black Bubblegum" on Conan? stunning. i just watched the clip on http://www.blabbermouth.net and all the comments were negative... DEP is one of my favorite bands and all the haters on that board just bore the hell out of me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,227
    I tivoed it, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.
  • The Dillenger Escape Plan has the most insane music I've ever heard... I mean, there's that CD that has like 100 songs on it, and it's only totaling like 30 minutes... each song is like 15 seconds... haha, and the fucking titles alone are hilarious... seriously, I do not want to know what their concerts would be like... everyone dancing sporadically, just going insane... wow.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    The Dillenger Escape Plan has the most insane music I've ever heard... I mean, there's that CD that has like 100 songs on it, and it's only totaling like 30 minutes... each song is like 15 seconds... haha, and the fucking titles alone are hilarious... seriously, I do not want to know what their concerts would be like... everyone dancing sporadically, just going insane... wow.
    are you sure you're not thinking of Anal Cunt? they have 30 second songs that are very offensive/humorous depending on who you are. AC is more like a grind band. and does anyone really listen to grind that much?

Dillinger is very insane and chaotic but with their past two albums they have started to incorporate heavy doses of hooks and melody into their sound.
  • Oh shit, sorry... I mixed up bands, I was thinking of Dataclast, which has members of Agoraphobic Nosebleed in... which at that time, I had heard of the Dillinger Escape Plan first, then AN... so, they were both in that same genre of just horrible sounding to me... but I remember one epic DEP song... "4th Grade Dropout"... now that's a classic..
    If I could, think I would give in.
    Watched it and enjoyed it...I can see where the troo metal losers on Blabbermouth would lose their minds over it.
    pjl44 wrote:
    Watched it and enjoyed it...I can see where the troo metal losers on Blabbermouth would lose their minds over it.
    THANK YOU. i know Dillinger can shit out math rock face melters all day long but for them to do something with a hook or something a tad commercial is a whole lot more intresting to me!
    Oh shit, sorry... I mixed up bands, I was thinking of Dataclast, which has members of Agoraphobic Nosebleed in... which at that time, I had heard of the Dillinger Escape Plan first, then AN... so, they were both in that same genre of just horrible sounding to me... but I remember one epic DEP song... "4th Grade Dropout"... now that's a classic..
    give DEP a shot again, you might be surprised.
    THANK YOU. i know Dillinger can shit out math rock face melters all day long but for them to do something with a hook or something a tad commercial is a whole lot more intresting to me!

Yeah...I'm really psyched about the progression of each album. Dead As History/Horse Hunter/Mouth Of Ghosts at the end of that record is just incredible. Whether they have the balls to bust out Unretrofied or Black Bubblegum live...

Edit: Wait...did I just question their balls? Never mind...
    well, they do perform "milk lizard" and "setting fire to sleeping giants" live so that alone gives them BALLS in my book. i agree on dead as history/horse hunter/mouths of ghosts... an amazing trio to end an album. i need to get this on vinyl!!!!!!!!! i'm also partial to "party smasher". have you heard their iTunes only Plagerism EP???? they do Justin Timberlake's "like I love you", Soundgarden's "Jesus Christ Pose", NIN's "Wish", some Panic Attack song and a live version of "Perfect Design".
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    I have Ire Works, Miss Machine and Calculating Infinity.....personally I prefer the Irony Is Not A Dead Scene EP they did with Mike Patton (the cover of Aphex Twins 'Come To Daddy' is insane)

......I saw them live in a tiny club in Toronto a couple years back and it was great - scary - but great
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
    the Irony EP is the only release i dont have!! i'm so pissed about it but everytime i go to Best Buy to buy it it's never there. Best Buy sucks anyway.

that's not true, they have a full length from before the Under The Running Board EP that i don't have.