Bad Religion

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited January 2008 in Other Music
i just loaded 80-85 into my iTunes... MAN!!!!!!! I forgot just how awesome some of these songs are!! We're Only Gonna Die, Latch Key Kids, Into The Night, Fuck Armageddon.. This Is Hell, Pitty, Frogger, Voice Of God is Government... so fucking good!

i'm gonna throw in All Ages next.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    yeah man, Bad Religion are underappreciated, but they weren't really in the mainstream until mid-to-early 1990s, and it was a very short stay

I love the early Bad Religion, All Ages is a great represenation of the late 1980s', early 1990s records like Recipe For Hate, Generator, No Control and Against The Grain

check out their latest one, it's really got that old-school BR feel to it

great harmonies from this band
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • frogger is an awesome song.
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    got the complete works on my ipod. love it when they come up on shuffle (it happens all the time)... nice short songs that always keep my attention.
  • listening to "suffer" right now.
    music. love. life.

the stickman's ghost: www.myspace.com/yield1914
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Ed is on Recipe for Hate!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    weird.. i randomly was playing Recipe for Hate for the first time in months. i guess it was a bad religion kinda day
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    One of the first punk bands I ever listened to, with the Ramones.
    Love 'em!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Ed is on Recipe for Hate!
    that's the reason i bought Recipe... i knew he played guitar on Kerosone for years but until yesterday i never knew he sang on Watch It Die. guess wikipedia is good for something!
  • that's the reason i bought Recipe... i knew he played guitar on Kerosone for years but until yesterday i never knew he sang on Watch It Die. guess wikipedia is good for something!

He sings the whole "I saw a man..." verse. It's so weird how much Greg and him sound alike (I didn't know it was Ed for a while as well) since you wouldn't really think of them having similar voices. Once it was pointed out to me it was easily identifiable as Ed.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    you can hear Ed as backing vocal in Kerosene too. During the chorus i think it is.

i got Recipe for Hate as my first Bad Religion album cause ed was on it. I think i have almost all there albums now. they really are an incredible punk band.