New CLUTCH record tomorrow!!!

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited March 2007 in Other Music
From Beale Street to Oblivion comes out tomorrow. go buy it!!!!!!!!! it's the most coheasive Clutch record to date.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    First single from the album is Electric Worry. I like the video, nothing fancy but shows how they rock and has the dude from Five Horse Johnson in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab6lr2b66Ig
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    wow, thanks for posting i hadn't seen that before. i just saw 'em before Christmas here in Reading and they killed. i think every Pearl Jam fan should listen to Clutch.. or at least give them a shot because they're one of the underground's best kept secrets. every one of their records rule. they're playing in Philly on May 12... and i just might go... i love Clutch.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    ya seeing them a week on saterday :)

should be ace
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    Great disc, it's much better than Robot Hive/Exodus was. White's Ferry, Child of The City, The Rapture of Riddley Walker, Electric Worry, Opossum Minister, and Shiny Mr. Cadillackness all kick ass. You Can't Stop Progress, Power Player, and Black Umbrella are growing on me too. Still not being grabbed by Devil & Me and When Vegans Attack. Those stats are much better than Robot Hive... Even after two years, I can only get into two or three songs from that one.
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    had mine pre-ordered on amazon. still haven't received it yet :( looking forward to seeing them again in may!
    Edit:got it in the mail today!! :)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    wow, thanks for posting i hadn't seen that before. i just saw 'em before Christmas here in Reading and they killed. i think every Pearl Jam fan should listen to Clutch.. or at least give them a shot because they're one of the underground's best kept secrets. every one of their records rule. they're playing in Philly on May 12... and i just might go... i love Clutch.

ya, glad I saw it and had to share the Clutch love.

Dude, go see them, I see them whenever I can, as frequently as I can. I saw them in Toronto on St.Pat's Day and suffering Clutch withdrawal. That was the best all-around Clutch show I have ever witnessed
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    I didn't know they made a vid for Soapmakers, it looks official. Was anyone else aware of this. By the way, I frickin love this tune, my favourite Clutch track from my favourite Clutch album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJzb-5YN9eU&NR
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • I have to still get it. I'm a huge Clutch fan. I hope that guy from Five Horse Johnson isn't on every song playing harmonica. He's from my home town and sat in with them on a song the first time they came around for the Robot Hives tour. I could of swore he was playing in the wrong key the entire time.

Anyway songs still sound bad ass, and Tim Sult is a total Tone Whore. Man do I with I had 1/100th of the equipment that guy plays thru. He is just pure tone!!!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I can't wait to see them again.
  • One of my best friends LOVES Clutch. They are his favorite band.

I dig the music, but just can't get into the vocals. I don't care for the singer. The music is badass, though.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I have to still get it. I'm a huge Clutch fan. I hope that guy from Five Horse Johnson isn't on every song playing harmonica. He's from my home town and sat in with them on a song the first time they came around for the Robot Hives tour. I could of swore he was playing in the wrong key the entire time.

Anyway songs still sound bad ass, and Tim Sult is a total Tone Whore. Man do I with I had 1/100th of the equipment that guy plays thru. He is just pure tone!!!
    yeah, the Five Horse Johnson guy is on close to half the songs and in that new video someone posted here.

i would go see them on 5/12/07 in Philly but .... well, it doesn't matter but a few of my friends want to go so maybe i can swindle one into driving!

i knew about Clutch for years from having the Escape From LA soundtrack but i didn't really ever listen to them until i saw them in Lancaster PA w/ Mastodon (Remission tour), Nebula and the Hidden Hand. this is before Blast Tyrant came out... man i was hooked. only songs i knew were Big News I, Animal Farm, Rats and that's about it. went out and bought everything!! seen 'em about 5 times since.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    yeah, the Five Horse Johnson guy is on close to half the songs and in that new video someone posted here.

i would go see them on 5/12/07 in Philly but .... well, it doesn't matter but a few of my friends want to go so maybe i can swindle one into driving!

i knew about Clutch for years from having the Escape From LA soundtrack but i didn't really ever listen to them until i saw them in Lancaster PA w/ Mastodon (Remission tour), Nebula and the Hidden Hand. this is before Blast Tyrant came out... man i was hooked. only songs i knew were Big News I, Animal Farm, Rats and that's about it. went out and bought everything!! seen 'em about 5 times since.

The album Pure Rock Fury got me hooked and then seeing them soon after I became a big fan.