live Clutch 2cd set from Australia

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited December 2007 in Other Music
"Hardcore blues rockers Clutch are heading down under for (3) exclusive engagements only. To mark this historical event, Clutch has teamed up with Australia's New Found Frequency - Your Live Music Network and Live+Archived 'Instant CD Series' to record live at their Melbourne HiFi show on 13th December and release an instant double CD on site, before heading off to Meredith Festival and Sydney Metro gigs. The live recording will be made available for purchase instantly after the show which means you can take home a piece of the action and a memory of the spontaneity, passion and energy of a live Clutch performance!

Clutch's 'Heard It All Before - Live at HiFi Bar' is a double CD and will host over 140 minutes of live Clutch and side project Bakerton Group, featuring artwork by artist Nick Lakiotes, and will cost $30 AUD. If you're not so lucky and can't make it to the show, the Live+Archived Clutch CD will be available for post-event online sales also (immediately after the show). You can purchase a limited edition copy of this first ever *Artist Controlled Bootleg at the stroke of midnight Dec 13th.

Purchase your online Clutch CD at: http://www.newfoundfrequency.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Set 1:
    GREAT BAKERS
    BRUCE BIGSBY
    L.ORBIT
    MANY GATORS
    SMALL UPSETTERS
    PROFITS
    NEVER BE
    PROGRESS
    PLAYER
    DEVL
    SLOW HOLE
    SOAPMAKERS
    BEARD
    CHILD
    BIG I & II

Set 2:
    BURNING HELL
    HOW MANY MORE YEARS? (Howling Wolf cover)
    KING OF ARIZONA
    TEXAN
    MOB
    CADDY
    CYPRESS
    W.FERRY
    MARCUS
    101 (i assume this is 10001110101)
    BASKET OF EGGS
    PROMOTER
    MICE
    BLACK UMBRELLA
    ELECTRIC WORRY (i assume One Eye Dollar is after)

Encore:
    LA CURANDERA (dont think this is on the 2cd set)
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Holy Crap

They Played La Curandera!!!!!!!??
  • They play La Currandera rather frequently.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,224
    Awesome, awesome...thanks for the post. Just ordered it...
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I have never heard of them, but what an awesome idea
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I have never heard of them, but what an awesome idea
    amazing band, you'll like them if you like good music (!). listen to From Beale Street to Oblivion, their latest, first. if you dig them check out Blast Tyrant, Robot Hive/Exodus, The Elephant Riders and for a more harsh vocal check out the self-titled album and Transnational Speedway League.
    The Vacant wrote:
    They play La Currandera rather frequently.
    yeah, i've seen them about 5-6 times since right before Blast Tyrant and have never seen that one... my favorite song. just one of those things you know...
  • I hear you. Promoter is my frequently played, yet continues to ellude me tune.

I wish they would have released a recording of that boat show they did at the end of the Beale Street tour. That was another badass two setter.
  • "Hardcore blues rockers Clutch are heading down under for (3) exclusive engagements only. To mark this historical event, Clutch has teamed up with Australia's New Found Frequency - Your Live Music Network and Live+Archived 'Instant CD Series' to record live at their Melbourne HiFi show on 13th December and release an instant double CD on site, before heading off to Meredith Festival and Sydney Metro gigs. The live recording will be made available for purchase instantly after the show which means you can take home a piece of the action and a memory of the spontaneity, passion and energy of a live Clutch performance!

Clutch's 'Heard It All Before - Live at HiFi Bar' is a double CD and will host over 140 minutes of live Clutch and side project Bakerton Group, featuring artwork by artist Nick Lakiotes, and will cost $30 AUD. If you're not so lucky and can't make it to the show, the Live+Archived Clutch CD will be available for post-event online sales also (immediately after the show). You can purchase a limited edition copy of this first ever *Artist Controlled Bootleg at the stroke of midnight Dec 13th.

Purchase your online Clutch CD at: http://www.newfoundfrequency.com

Thanks for the info. :)
    if this sells well (which i'm sure it will) there might be a DVD of the show in the future.. pending legality issues (different albums were on different labels).
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    thanks for the reminder MMM, I had checked out their website during the week and saw this, so I will be ordering my copy NOW.....what an awesome idea; Clutch is such a great fan-friendly band, definitly will shell out cash for many Clutch items offered.

You ordered the Bakerton Group CD by chance ?

Are you on the pro-rock.com message board ? I thought I saw the same user name on there.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    thanks for the reminder MMM, I had checked out their website during the week and saw this, so I will be ordering my copy NOW.....what an awesome idea; Clutch is such a great fan-friendly band, definitly will shell out cash for many Clutch items offered.

You ordered the Bakerton Group CD by chance ?

Are you on the pro-rock.com message board ? I thought I saw the same user name on there.
    i got my Bakerton Group cd but towards the end the songs get a tad samey.

and yes, i am on the C! message board but i don't post too often because most of the people are rude. i'm also a member of backstreets.com, cky alliance (never posted though) and greasy lake (haven't posted in months).
    Scissofight did this in Cambridge MA a few years ago through Instant Live. after the show was over you could go to the front of the house and pick up your copy. got mine through Newbury Comics if i remember correctly. great, drunk set w/ mistakes and all. sounds like a trainwreck,.. but a clear trainwreck. i could see PJ doing this in the future... maybe.
  • Clutch and Pearl Jam at Alpine Valley. :D LOL
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Clutch and Pearl Jam at Alpine Valley. :D LOL

Clutch and Pearl Jam on the same night would be a dream concert for me. They are easily the two most consistent bands out there. I've seen Pearl Jam twice and Clutch five times, and both bands bring it every time. How about PJ/Clutch/MMJ?
    i think Clutch would be a great band to open for Pearl Jam, plus i think most PJ fans would love Clutch! but i'd rather see it on a smaller scale tour.... like a theater tour.. that would be cool. Clutch for an hour and a half and pj for 2+ hours!! that'd be worth my money.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    i think Clutch would be a great band to open for Pearl Jam, plus i think most PJ fans would love Clutch! but i'd rather see it on a smaller scale tour.... like a theater tour.. that would be cool. Clutch for an hour and a half and pj for 2+ hours!! that'd be worth my money.

you guys are killing me with these scenarios, fook sake's

Clutch and PJ are the only 2 artists I travel far to see. Been a fan since 1995
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    amazing band, you'll like them if you like good music (!). listen to From Beale Street to Oblivion, their latest, first. if you dig them check out Blast Tyrant, Robot Hive/Exodus, The Elephant Riders and for a more harsh vocal check out the self-titled album and Transnational Speedway League.

cheers
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014