new QOTSA details

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Launch Radio Networks reports: QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE have set June 12 as the release date for the band's fifth studio album, "Era Vulgaris". The CD, which was previewed at the South by Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas last month, will feature 11 new songs and reported guest appearances from NINE INCH NAILS frontman Trent Reznor, STROKES singer Julian Casablancas, former QUEENS vocalist Mark Lanegan and ZZ TOP guitarist Billy F. Gibbons.

Michael Shuman of the Los Angeles act WIRES ON FIRE is reportedly the new QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE bassist. The band has been without a permanent bass player since the dismissal of Nick Oliveri in 2004.

"Era Vulgaris" follows up 2005's "Lullabies To Paralyze".

"Era Vulgaris" track listing:

01. Turning on the Screw
02. Sick, Sick, Sick
03. I'm Designer
04. Into the Hollow
05. Misfit Love
06. Battery Acid
07. Make It Wit Chu
08. 3's & 7's
09. Suture Up Your Future
10. River in the Road
11. Run Pig Run

The band has scheduled European festival appearances in June and July but there's no word yet on U.S. tour plans.

nice, June 12 is my birthday!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Michael Shuman of the Los Angeles act WIRES ON FIRE is reportedly the new QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE bassist. The band has been without a permanent bass player since the dismissal of Nick Oliveri in 2004.

BRING BACK NICK!!!!!!
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Is Alain and Natasha still in the band then? I liked what they brought to the table, although Nick's bass playing was better.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • can't wait
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    I'm sure you've all been to the Queens homepage... they have a 30-second loop of Sick Sick Sick playing as you watch the page... It's meh for me, you all should go to the page and see what you think.
  • can't wait
    Should be cool.

Their new song I just heard is really repetitive, but definately heavier than Lullabies.

I think that most fans want more Songs for the Deaf and Rated R, even more Kyuss. Just to start something...
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    i want more Rated R
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    i want more Rated R

Then listen to Rated R.

The thing I love about Queens is that every single album is radically different than the last. I can't fucking wait to hear this CD.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I do hate how they've been recycling songs that have been on desert sessions albums i.e Hanging Tree, In my head, and now Make it wit chu.
    NERDS!
    The Desert Sessions aren't very accessible. There are fans of QOTSA who don't own every Desert Sessions but still want to hear the best songs off of them. Not all the best D.S. songs have been re-done by Queens but a good chunk of them have been. Plus, every CD they've released has a Desert Sessions song (Avon, Monsters in the Parasol, Hanging Tree, and In My Head) so why would you assume this one wouldn't?
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • gleemonex wrote:
    The Desert Sessions aren't very accessible. There are fans of QOTSA who don't own every Desert Sessions but still want to hear the best songs off of them. Not all the best D.S. songs have been re-done by Queens but a good chunk of them have been. Plus, every CD they've released has a Desert Sessions song (Avon, Monsters in the Parasol, Hanging Tree, and In My Head) so why would you assume this one wouldn't?

I don't think I'd heard the 1st few desert sessions. I didn't know Avon and MITP were on the sessions.

I guess that makes sense know though.
    NERDS!
    If you're a fan of QOTSA I think you'd appreciate the Desert Sessions, even the early ones. They're nearly impossible to find in stores, I had them downloaded a few years ago and just have them burned now. Most of it is garbage that they made when they were high as fuck and it's fun to listen to if you are high as fuck. You can probably combine all of the Desert Sessions into one or two "Best Of" cds.