SMILE (the band)-any fans

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited July 2008 in Other Music
great band from Chicago. they put out a 7" called Resin which i dont have but their Atlantic Records full length came out in 94 called Maquee. the best grunge record you've never heard!! after that was the Sleepover EP. then they changed their sound to more of a Weezer sound... Masterlocks EP and the full length Girlcrushesboy. check them out!

Lemonaid
Stairing At The Sun
Moosh
Wallflower
She

all good songs
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    i remember waaaaaaaay back in '95 or '96...listening to a now defunct rock station here in NY in the basement of my crappy job at a greeting card store....and that station used to play Staring at the Sun quite regularly (along with a lot of other cool, obscure stuff which i have since completely forgotten). i've been searching for that song on the internet for years since. all i can remember is that cool guitar/drum riff.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    you can get the cd on amazon for nothing! Smile-Maquee. since this post i've been searching for some info... i found a label out of San Diego called Cargo Music and it has the Resin 7" listed but no order info. i'm looking for the tracklisting for the Sleepover EP but no luck yet.
    you can get the cd on amazon for nothing! Smile-Maquee. since this post i've been searching for some info... i found a label out of San Diego called Cargo Music and it has the Resin 7" listed but no order info. i'm looking for the tracklisting for the Sleepover EP but no luck yet.

yea i think i'm gonna pick up Marquee....i was just checking it out on amazon....its only been about 12 years since i originally heard that song....i think its about time i finally checked the band out.
    HA! cool. i just bought the Sleepover promo on eBay for $3. i have a burnt copy along with Girlcrushesboy but i wanted the real deal.
    i just bought it for $0.01. One friggin cent. well, it came to just over 2 bucks with shipping. sweet.
    hey, even if you hate it it's only 2 bucks. you won't hate it though. Smile was awesome.
  • I was the bass player in Smile for the first 7 years and we just released "Smile: 1993" a retrospective from that year. It has the Resin EP and some demo work on it. Check it out at http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=279801808&s=143441

cheers, Aaron
    WOW! this is awesome!! i'm gonna pick it up tonight. Smile was one of those bands... why didn't i hear of these guys when i was younger?!

anywhere i can get a physical copy?

you made my week. thanks so much!