humanlighthumanlight Posts: 271
edited September 2006 in Other Music
The American Idol's Live concert....let the bashings begin. LOL
"F**K you, I have laundry to do" -ed
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Was Billy Idol there?
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • I know that none of us are excited about American Idol, but I thought it was pretty funny. My mom's best friend completed suicide on Super Bowl Sunday this year, and Mom and her always did things like watch American Idol together...so I thought it would be good for her to and watch them. So I took my mom to see it. But if anyone would like to give me a hard time for watching them....believe me the concert was punishment enough...other than spending time with mom.
  • even flow? wrote:
    Was Billy Idol there?

No. I felt totally embarressed for the singers. I mean they were totally being pimped out. I could see the humilation on some of thier faces. It was sad really.
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    who would you say was the best performer?
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
    humanlight wrote:
    No. I felt totally embarressed for the singers. I mean they were totally being pimped out. I could see the humilation on some of thier faces. It was sad really.

As I am curious. Was it this years crop of losers? Or do they take the best losers from previous seasons?

edit: That is a nice gesture to do with your mom, by the way.
  • alobar wrote:
    who would you say was the best performer?

SOUL PATROL for sure: (Tylor Hicks). He looks like he is having a seizure out there. You can't help put to laugh and have a good time with him singing and looking so goofy. The rest were sort of forgetable for me.

I think Chris was singing and he said "Your turn" and you could barely hear the crowd. I just thought to myself...man PJ just has to play one note, just one note, and the whole place errupts and sings the song without ever even them saying "let me hear ya!" or something cheesey. At any given moment at a PJ concert ED could quit singing and the place would take over. I love our jamily.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    humanlight wrote:
    I know that none of us are excited about American Idol, but I thought it was pretty funny. My mom's best friend completed suicide on Super Bowl Sunday this year, and Mom and her always did things like watch American Idol together...so I thought it would be good for her to and watch them. So I took my mom to see it. But if anyone would like to give me a hard time for watching them....believe me the concert was punishment enough...other than spending time with mom.

I wouldn't bash you - you took your mother to the show because it was something she liked and you did it for her. Sitting through the show was probably above and beyond the call of duty.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • even flow? wrote:
    As I am curious. Was it this years crop of losers? Or do they take the best losers from previous seasons?

edit: That is a nice gesture to do with your mom, by the way.

thanks, Umm I think the last 10 loser where out there. I believe in the way they were voted off. The girl infront of us said that she saw them in Columbus (yea she went to 2 of the concerts) and the kids had on the SAME clothes and everything. I bet there little talk segments are even scripted out. And every single one of them said, "Let me hear you WV!" I mean we can only cheer so many times b/4 that gets old. They all sang 3 songs each, and all three songs were ones they sang on the show! Interesting concept I think.

Yea, my mom really enjoyed herself. She has called me 2 times today to thank me. I know she had a great time, and that is really what it is all about.
  • JaneNY wrote:
    I wouldn't bash you - you took your mother to the show because it was something she liked and you did it for her. Sitting through the show was probably above and beyond the call of duty.

It was interesting to say the least. Those 40+ year old women go nuts! It was a really amusing sight to see. I thought for sure we would see underwear fly on the stage at some point.
    humanlight wrote:
    Yea, my mom really enjoyed herself. She has called me 2 times today to thank me. I know she had a great time, and that is really what it is all about.

Yes it is!
  • Thanks guys for not being to hard on me.
  • humanlight wrote:
    I know that none of us are excited about American Idol, but I thought it was pretty funny. My mom's best friend completed suicide on Super Bowl Sunday this year, and Mom and her always did things like watch American Idol together...so I thought it would be good for her to and watch them. So I took my mom to see it. But if anyone would like to give me a hard time for watching them....believe me the concert was punishment enough...other than spending time with mom.

Sometimes the best part of the gift is the journey. That was a very touching thing you did. Very sweet.
    The dyslexic man walked into a bra...