Any Coldplay fans??

huffaluffahuffaluffa Posts: 38
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I know they are rather different than pearl jam, but my friend had tickets so I went to one of their concerts and I really enjoyed it and got into their music? What do you guys think about them?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Horrible
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    Love 'em.

I was supposed to see them last summer, but decided not to. I'll definitely get around to it the next time they play in my area.
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • "radiohead lite"

or

"poor man's U2"

mean anything to you??
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    huffaluffa wrote:
    I know they are rather different than pearl jam, but my friend had tickets so I went to one of their concerts and I really enjoyed it and got into their music? What do you guys think about them?

Also saw them in concert (Detroit 2006), they are very good, and I really enjoyed the show (I did find it bit on the short side 90m), but they only have three cd's, but what they lacked in length, they made up for in a very good performance. I also find Chris Martin to be very talented.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • WastedteenWastedteen Posts: 17
    Got all their albums and have seen 'em twice. They are very good and I do dig theirl live shows, even if they are a bit short and repetitive.
  • i love them..... saw them in saint louis... awesome show.... by no means are they PJ, but a real good show none the less
  • EnigmaEnigma Posts: 59
    I like their music. Their live show is leaves much to be desired if you're into improvisation/spontaneity, but they aren't mediocre.
  • OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    yeah i think they're really good, great in fact, but definitely not my favourite band
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
  • titefkatitefka Posts: 35
    "Parachutes" & "A Rush of Blood to the Head"
    www.myspace.com/titefka
  • huffaluffa wrote:

great band. first 2 albums were brilliant..x & y has some great tracks, but i hope they become more experimental with their next album
    Per sognare altri mondi non è mai troppo tardi
    Another world is possible
  • rock_goddessrock_goddess Posts: 970
    i like some of their music but don't have any of their albums or anything
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

http://www.myspace.com/rockgoddess1318
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I used to like them more. I'm really bored of them now though. X & Y is just dull.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    my wife is the Colplay fan. i like them...i mean hell, we danced to acoustic 'Yellow' at our reception, and 'Fix You'. saw them twice. first time was way better than the second up in Auburn Hills...not a fan of that venue, it can change a concert.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    they're alright. i liked their live cd and would definitely go see them in concert. but in the end, i found their albums to be pretty boring. their sound is kinda generic and doesn't vary much. it's kinda hard to tell a good coldplay song from a bad one cos they all sound pretty much the same.
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    Go see them! I caught them last year, they are great live.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    saw them a couple weeks back

great live band... sets are too short and repetitive haha!

:)
    wah
  • First album I ever bought with my own money was "A Rush of Blood To The Head" when I was thirteen. I was a fan, and then I saw them live and fell in love with them even more.
    Once upon a time, there was a lovely little sausage called Baldrick, and it lived happily ever after. The End.
  • huffaluffahuffaluffa Posts: 38
    First album I ever bought with my own money was "A Rush of Blood To The Head" when I was thirteen. I was a fan, and then I saw them live and fell in love with them even more.

That's what happened with me, their live show got me into them more. There was a lot more energy then i had anticipated from them.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    they are the worst thing to happen to music EVER
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I have their first record, which is pretty good, but I just had no interest in what they put out afterwards, based on the radio songs at least. Yellow is a great tune, and the rest of their first record is solid, and I certainly dont mind what I've heard since, but it doesn't make we WANT to listen to it. And that Fix You song is actually kinda annoying now that I think about it.
  • Bu2Bu2 Posts: 1,693
    because it was the first album of theirs that I'd heard (well, the only one) and I was impressed by the last track where the lead singer changes key and octaves mid-verse many times over. It's hard to do, believe me.

And then I saw the video for "The Scientist" and wondered how on earth it was filmed that way, with him singing straight on to us all whilst walking backwards, only to find out that he actually learned to sing the entire song backwards, word for word.

Got to give the man credit for that, even though he named his daughter Apple...

(going to bed now....can't even remember the name of Mr. Paltrow)

But I like that album.
    Feels Good Inc.
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    You Know How I Know You're Gay?

You Like Coldplay
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired