The National - Daytrotter Session

Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
edited October 2007 in Other Music
I know i'm late jumping on the Daytrotter bandwagon (and The National for that matter)....but I downloaded about 20 of the sessions the other night and they are great. I just picked up The National - Boxer and Alligator recently and am REALLY enjoying them.

The National's Daytrotter Session featured them doing a cover of Pretty In Pink that is no longer available on the site as it has reached its download limit. Anyone have a copy that they would be willing to send this way????? It would be greatly appreciated - I NEED to hear this song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....if you haven't checked out the Daytrotter site - you should. Lots of really great FREE live sessions (4 songs per band - including Grizzly Bear, Frog Eyes, The Annuals, Cold War Kids, Sondre Lerche, Low, Menomena, Mountain Goats, Young Galaxy, Sunset Rubdown, Of Montreal, Voxtrot, Bonnie Prince Billy, Tokyo Police Club etc etc etc)
In my world everyone is a pony,
and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Todd76 wrote:
    I know i'm late jumping on the Daytrotter bandwagon (and The National for that matter)....but I downloaded about 20 of the sessions the other night and they are great. I just picked up The National - Boxer and Alligator recently and am REALLY enjoying them.

The National's Daytrotter Session featured them doing a cover of Pretty In Pink that is no longer available on the site as it has reached its download limit. Anyone have a copy that they would be willing to send this way????? It would be greatly appreciated - I NEED to hear this song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....if you haven't checked out the Daytrotter site - you should. Lots of really great FREE live sessions (4 songs per band - including Grizzly Bear, Frog Eyes, The Annuals, Cold War Kids, Sondre Lerche, Low, Menomena, Mountain Goats, Young Galaxy, Sunset Rubdown, Of Montreal, Voxtrot, Bonnie Prince Billy, Tokyo Police Club etc etc etc)

Very cool thanks for the heads up
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Todd76 wrote:
    that happened to me also with the last Mountain Goats track (anybody?). At one time they were able to put up another 1000 downloads (missed that boat too), so it may be worth your time to check back frequently to see if they do that with Pretty in Pink.

the Bonnie Prince Billy tracks are awesome.
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    Just thought those of you still looking for "Pretty in Pink" might want to check out this blog . . .

http://awesomeometer.blogspot.com/2007/09/national-awesomeometer-super-post.html
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    soclose wrote:
    Just thought those of you still looking for "Pretty in Pink" might want to check out this blog . . .

http://awesomeometer.blogspot.com/2007/09/national-awesomeometer-super-post.html

thank you.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    soclose wrote:

THANK YOU!!!!

......looking forward to hearing this when I get home
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • I have been singing 'green gloves' over and over in my head all morning! I love this album!

:)