V-Fest Toronto Line-up Announced

Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
edited March 2008 in Other Music
the line-up was just announced this AM......many more bands to come

Virgin Festival Toronto Day 1 (September 6)
Foo Fighters
Bloc Party
Spiritualized
Wintersleep
Constantines

Virgin Festival Toronto Day 2 (September 7)
Oasis
Paul Weller
Stereophonics
The Weakerthans
The Pigeon Detectives

......Bloc Party, Spiritualized, Wintersleep, Constantines, Oasis, the Weakerthans - shaping up to be a pretty great 2 days
In my world everyone is a pony,
and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I would say pretty crappy besides the headliners
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    I would say pretty crappy besides the headliners

i'm not surprised that you don't approve.....as always, thanks for the input
    Looks like the US festival gets a much better lineup normally
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Not bad IMO. I was expecting the worst. I still don't like V fest. The sound coming out of the speakers is horrible. I still may attend, since I'm usually hard up for music after the summer.
    $87 for one day? Not a good price considering it's kind of a shity festival.

or $159 for 2 days.
    Red Lukin wrote:
    $87 for one day? Not a good price considering it's kind of a shity festival.

or $159 for 2 days.

Thats outrageous, I would rather spend the same price to see a double headliner and not have to deal with a day of bands you dont like
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

It is alot of cash....but not really out of line with what Festivals go for these days

.....if they add a couple more good bands to Day 1 I think i'll be there - Bloc Party, Spiritualized, Wintersleep and the Constantines for $90 aint too shabby
    I don't think it's a bad price for a festival, but I just remember the sound coming out of the FS stage 2 years in a row - ouch. If they're going to charge so much money they should consider buying/renting better equipment/speakers. The main stage isn't that bad, but still not great at all.

They should also have camping.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    sweet Oasis is touring? nice
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i hope oasis is doing their own proper toronto show some time

i saw pumpkins at v-fest last year and that ferry to the island is just a pain in the ass
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
    hodge wrote:
    i hope oasis is doing their own proper toronto show some time

i saw pumpkins at v-fest last year and that ferry to the island is just a pain in the ass

luckily the Day 1 headliner is the Foo Fighters......since I have zero desire to see them I can leave early and avoid the ferry rush
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Wintersleep and the Foos on the same day?? woo hoo! :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
    Todd76 wrote:
    luckily the Day 1 headliner is the Foo Fighters......since I have zero desire to see them I can leave early and avoid the ferry rush

Really, I'd like to see the Foos. On the other hand I've heard mixed reviews about their live show, and being a festival and all I proably wouldn't expect the gratest show from them.
  • mikesbrimikesbri Posts: 965
    I went to V-Fest last year in Toronto, probably won't go again. Pain to get back from the island.
    As for the Foo's I saw them a few days ago in Toronto, and I was amazed at how good a show they put on. Alot of energy from Grohl.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022