Sebadoh Reunion - This morning I am a VERY happy boy

Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
edited December 2006 in Other Music
seBADoh is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the original lineup!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! I am very excited - March 23, Toronto, Lee's Palace......i'm there :)

Classic Sebadoh Lineup Reuniting For 2007 Tour
21/12/2006 12:45:00 PM

Having spent the past two years on tour with the original lineup of Dinosaur Jr., Lou Barlow is now setting his sights on Sebadoh, which became his main musical outlet after exiting Dinosaur Jr. in the early 1990s.

The influential indie rock group has announced an extensive spring tour of North America, beginning Feb. 26 in San Diego and running through April 16 in Tucson, Ariz. On the road, Barlow will be flanked by multi-instrumentalist Jason Loewenstein and drummer Eric Gaffney, the lineup responsible for such seminal albums as "III," "Smash Your Head on the Punk Rock" and "Bubble and Scrape."

Sebadoh last toured in support of its self-titled 1999 album. Loewenstein has released a host of solo albums in the past few years, while Gaffney has played with the band Fields Of Gaffney and recently released a solo set, "Uncharted Waters."

In advance of the reunion dates, Sebadoh's Web site is hosting free downloads of shows spanning the '90s.

Here are Sebadoh's tour dates:

Feb. 26: San Diego (Casbah)

Feb. 27: Costa Mesa, Calif. (Detroit Bar)

Feb. 28: San Francisco (Noise Pop Festival)

March 2: Portland, Ore. (Berbati's Pan)

March 3: Vancouver (Richard's on Richards)

March 4: Seattle (Neumo's)

March 6: Eugene, Ore. (WOW Hall)

March 8: Santa Cruz, Calif. (the Attic)

March 9: Los Angeles (Troubadour)

March 10: Los Angeles (Spaceland)

March 15: Phoenix (Clubhouse)

March 16: Albuquerque, N.M. (Launchpad)

March 19: Minneapolis (400 Bar)

March 20: Milwaukee (Shank Hall)

March 21: Chicago (Metro)

March 22: Detroit (Magic Stick)

March 23: Toronto (Lee's Palace)

March 24; Montreal (La Sala Rossa)
In my world everyone is a pony,
and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I am in the process of downloading one of their shows off their site. I bought III when it came out and thought it was horrible. I may have to revisit it. Loved Bakesale.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Get more Sebadoh here http://www.freesofree.net
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    seen him with dino jnr. seen him doing the solo thing. seems only fair i should get to see him with sebadoh. come back down here to my home lou. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    they were awesome live when i saw them! kool!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    Todd76 wrote:
    seBADoh is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the original lineup!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! I am very excited - March 23, Toronto, Lee's Palace......i'm there :)

Having spent the past two years on tour with the original lineup of Dinosaur Jr., Lou Barlow is now setting his sights on Sebadoh, which became his main musical outlet after exiting Dinosaur Jr. in the early 1990s.

The influential indie rock group has announced an extensive spring tour of North America, beginning Feb. 26 in San Diego and running through April 16 in Tucson, Ariz. On the road, Barlow will be flanked by multi-instrumentalist Jason Loewenstein and drummer Eric Gaffney, the lineup responsible for such seminal albums as "III," "Smash Your Head on the Punk Rock" and "Bubble and Scrape."

Sebadoh last toured in support of its self-titled 1999 album. Loewenstein has released a host of solo albums in the past few years, while Gaffney has played with the band Fields Of Gaffney and recently released a solo set, "Uncharted Waters."

In advance of the reunion dates, Sebadoh's Web site is hosting free downloads of shows spanning the '90s.

He'll sell out Boston, Chicago, LA and New York. Everything else will be a half house at best.

MAN NO ONE IS GOING TO CARE ABOUT THIS.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Todd76 wrote:

Fuck, fuck, fuck. No dates in the South. Not even Hotlanta. And I was so stoked about this tour.............
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Fuck, fuck, fuck. No dates in the South. Not even Hotlanta. And I was so stoked about this tour.............

The original post did not include all the dates...

From sebadoh.com:

02/26 San Diego Casbah
    02/27 Costa Mesa Detroit Bar
    02/28 San Fran GAMH/ Noisepop
    03/02 Portland Berbatis Pan
    03/03 Vancouver Richards
    03/04 Seattle Neumos
    03/06 Eugene WOW Hall
    03/08 Santa Cruz The Attic
    03/09 Los Angeles Troubadour
    03/10 Los Angeles Spaceland
    03/15 Phoenix Clubhouse
    03/16 Albuquerque Launchpad
    03/17 Boulder Fox Theater
    03/19 Minneapolis 400 Bar
    03/20 Milwaukee Shank Hall
    03/21 Chicago Metro
    03/22 Detroit Magic Stick
    03/23 Toronto Lees Palace
    03/24 Montreal La Sala Rossa
    03/29 Northampton Pearl St
    03/30 Boston Paradise
    03/31 New York Webster Hall
    04/03 DC 9:30 Club
    04/04 Carrboro Cats Cradle
    04/06 Louisville Headliners
    04/07 Nashville Exit In
    04/08 Atlanta Variety Playhouse
    04/09 Tallahassee Beta Bar
    04/10 Orlando The Social
    04/12 New Orleans TBA
    04/13 Houston Walters on Washington
    04/14 Austin Emos
    04/16 Tucson Club Congress

And I think a lot of the shows will be packed. You'd be surprised how many people have been waiting a long time for this to happen.