Buried Treasures: Share some of the great stuff you've discovered on iTunes

Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
edited July 2007 in Other Music
I've been racking my brain searching iTunes for some obscure tracks by some of my favorite bands......most times I go to look my mind goes blank.

So I thought maybe the good people on this board could share some of the treasures they've have found on the site.

Some of the best stuff I have purchased are:

the Decemberists - Human Behavior (from the album Read - Interpreting Bjork)
Arcade Fire - Broken Window (from the Keep the Car Running Single)
Bloc Party - Banquet (iTunes Version)
Broken Social Scene - Live at Radio Aligre FM in Paris EP (an acoustic radio show......REALLY good)
the Dandy Warhols - She Sells Sanctuary (from the album Bridging the Distance)
the Flaming Lips - Do You Realize (iTunes Originals Version)
Sarah Harmer - Around This Corner (acoustic - from the album Artists Den, Vol. 3)
Sparklehorse (with the Flaming Lips) - Go (FANTASTIC, from the album The Late Great Daniel Johnston: Discovered Covered)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Live Session (iTunes Exclusive EP - the Diamond Sea cover is AMAZING)
In my world everyone is a pony,
and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    sorry, bit off topic, did daniel johnston die?
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    itsevobaby wrote:
    sorry, bit off topic, did daniel johnston die?

nope he still alive and kicking.....I think the album title was meant to be clever and ironic

.....if you havent already - check out the movie "The Devil and Daniel Johnston" its GRRRRREAT
    Todd76 wrote:
    nope he still alive and kicking.....I think the album title was meant to be clever and ironic

.....if you havent already - check out the movie "The Devil and Daniel Johnston" its GRRRRREAT
    thanks :) yeah i've seen it, it blew me away, kind of sad but uplifting at the same time. quite simple yet still very complex, a master. very interesting story too. one of the best films i've seen recently. totally recomend it to any genuine music doco fans
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    itsevobaby wrote:
    thanks :) yeah i've seen it, it blew me away, kind of sad but uplifting at the same time. quite simple yet still very complex, a master. very interesting story too. one of the best films i've seen recently. totally recomend it to any genuine music doco fans

I actually saw him in concert in Toronto back in May......it was a great show - you really got a sense of how fragile/insecure he is during his minimal b/w song banter. He closed the show with a great a-cappella version of Devil Town.....
    Todd76 wrote:
    I actually saw him in concert in Toronto back in May......it was a great show - you really got a sense of how fragile/insecure he is during his minimal b/w song banter. He closed the show with a great a-cappella version of Devil Town.....
    wow that would've been really cool, very jealous over here :p
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    Amy Winehouse - incredible voice, great band and totally different than anything thats out there (thats new anyways).
    thought i'd give this thread another chance.....anybody find any cool rare tunes on iTunes that they want to share with us????

Last night I found Emily Haines (of Metric) doing an acoustic cover of "Don't Think Twice It's Alright" from the "Help! A Day In The Life" benefit album.......pretty darn good cover
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    I don't use iTunes. But I do love suggestions. I will think.
    Cock Fight.
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    The Shins - We Will Become Silhouettes

I guess this is from a Postal Service EP? Probably not exactly a burried treasure, but I do love the song.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    "Live @ the 40 Watt"~Drive-by Truckers
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    The Allies (self titled)

EVERYBODY needs to pick this up.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V