Daft Punk Live

lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
edited August 2007 in Other Music
I just saw their show in Seattle on Sunday. It was definitely the most beautiful concert I've seen in a long long time. The vibe they produce is incredibly positive and universal. Not to mention their live re-mixes are just plain brilliant. This is one of the few electronica bands that focuses on artistry rather than just trippy sounds and beats. I totally love their message and how they're getting it out there. If you have a chance to see this show, I say take it.

HuMaNs ToGeThEr
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• angryyoungmanangryyoungman Posts: 1,028
    Saturnal wrote:
    I just saw their show in Seattle on Sunday. It was definitely the most beautiful concert I've seen in a long long time. The vibe they produce is incredibly positive and universal. Not to mention their live re-mixes are just plain brilliant. This is one of the few electronica bands that focuses on artistry rather than just trippy sounds and beats. I totally love their message and how they're getting it out there. If you have a chance to see this show, I say take it.

HuMaNs ToGeThEr
    their message? ive only heard a couple of songs by them but its always one line repeated over and over again (around the world, one more time). . .i always got a very lame vibe from them
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    they play at the same time as Ben Harper---who has said he will be doing some surprise shit at loozpick your poison
  • did they play robot rock?
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    i really really REALLY wanna see daft punk on friday... but in a horrible twist of fate the concert gods not only denied me tickets to the vic but scheduled the small handfull of bands/musicians i wanted to see in such a way that every night i'm faced with a horrible decision.

friday night's decision is ben harper or daft punk - and i know i'm going to get blasted on this board for even posing the question.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • i really really REALLY wanna see daft punk on friday... but in a horrible twist of fate the concert gods not only denied me tickets to the vic but scheduled the small handfull of bands/musicians i wanted to see in such a way that every night i'm faced with a horrible decision.

friday night's decision is ben harper or daft punk - and i know i'm going to get blasted on this board for even posing the question.

I think most people are torn by this decision. I'm gonna watch the 1st half of Daft Punk and then end with Ben Harper.
    NERDS!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    i really really REALLY wanna see daft punk on friday... but in a horrible twist of fate the concert gods not only denied me tickets to the vic but scheduled the small handfull of bands/musicians i wanted to see in such a way that every night i'm faced with a horrible decision.

I'd choose Daft Punk any day of the week.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • did they play robot rock?
    Yea, they opened with a mix of it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0sEk2ybp0tI
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    go see daft punk!
    at least the beginning of their set
    then run across grant park to see the 2cnd half of ben harper's set
    this is what i'm doing.
    you've GOT to see daft punk
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I listen to as much dance/electronica/techno music as i do rock and indie and have always been advised to go and see Daft Punk live but i honestly dont see the attraction in their music! Aside from da Funk and Around the World i hate everything ive heard by them. Much prefer people like Digitalism, 2 many dj's etc, their music is so much more interesting.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
    anybody want to meet up with me?
    i thinkk most of my friends are planning to see ben harpers whole set...
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    did they play robot rock?
    They did tonight at Lolla. Oh my god. I like to dance so I decided to see Daft Punk - I am definitely now a fan. Awesome groove, and very cool light accompaniment. I am very sweaty from dancing.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    Digitalism<2 Many DJ's<Aphex Twin<Groove Armada<Chemical Brothers<Underworld<The Orb<Countless other similar styled acts<Daft Punk

I thought maybe i was missing something with daft punk all these years, and that i maybe hadnt heard the music that made them so popular, but having now listened to lots of their stuff i realise im just not that impressed with them. So many other electronic acts that are far more interesting than them in my opinion. That song Robot Rock that was mentioned in this thread is horrible!! lol
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Posts: 1,028
    Saturnal wrote:
    Yea, they opened with a mix of it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0sEk2ybp0tI
    god, that was awful. . .you have to be doin some serious stuff to enjoy that
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    god, that was awful. . .you have to be doin some serious stuff to enjoy that

lol - nope - 100% straight edge here! A youtube video does NOT do justice to how it was. In any case, the world's big enough for all tastes :). Sorry I missed Ed singing MOW with Ben Harper, but would not have wanted to miss Daft Punk.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • stu gee wrote:
    Digitalism<2 Many DJ's<Aphex Twin<Groove Armada<Chemical Brothers<Underworld<The Orb<Countless other similar styled acts<Daft Punk

I thought maybe i was missing something with daft punk all these years, and that i maybe hadnt heard the music that made them so popular, but having now listened to lots of their stuff i realise im just not that impressed with them. So many other electronic acts that are far more interesting than them in my opinion. That song Robot Rock that was mentioned in this thread is horrible!! lol

Wait, so Daft Punk is better than all of those bands? If you're using that as the less than symbol, then that's what you're saying, but if you're making an arrow as to point to who is the top act, you need the minus sign too. hehehe, I'm picky, sorry.
    If I could, think I would give in.
    Wait, so Daft Punk is better than all of those bands? If you're using that as the less than symbol, then that's what you're saying, but if you're making an arrow as to point to who is the top act, you need the minus sign too. hehehe, I'm picky, sorry.

Shit, i was half asleep when i did that.

Ill simplify it and say i dont really like Daft Punk. lol
  • Sawyer wrote:
    i think polyphonic spree was better.....covered 'lithium'......riiculous.
    Polyphonic Spree were SICK! Just awesome, but waaayyy too fuckin loud.
    WOW.
    daft punk was... WOW.
    SOOO much fun. didnt wanna leave when we did, my friend and i were about to forget about ben harper all together. but then we got dragged away and made masters of war but still.. i wantd more daft punk.

wow.
  • I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    I try to be open minded and listen to as many types of music as i can, but i find most Dance/Techno/Electronica to be, well, shite.

But i thought i would see what the fuss was about, and so i popped in Discovery, and i have to say, i haven't had my mind fucked like that in a long time. Daft Punk is fucking awesome.
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394

No way, screw the people who say Ben Harper all the way!! They just like him cause Eddie likes him! I saw Daft Punk Friday and they kicked some ass... I don't regret seeing them over Ben Harper for one second.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    No way, screw the people who say Ben Harper all the way!! They just like him cause Eddie likes him! I saw Daft Punk Friday and they kicked some ass... I don't regret seeing them over Ben Harper for one second.

yeah daft punk was unreal.
    but our friends dragged us away to see ben harper and we just caught masters of war... worked out in the end.

next time daft punk comes around i'm there.
  • WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363

LOL. . . we ran into a bunch of people who were torn. They were having a blast at Daft Punk, but ended up leaving half way.
    We stayed and they were amazing. I would have never gone to see them on my own, but I'm really glad we checked them out becuase it was a totally new experience. :D

Oh and this is my new favorite Daft Punk find. . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball