Type O Negative

proghouseheadproghousehead Posts: 17
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Great band, very under-rated. Like a mix of Black Sabbath, the Beatles, and the Cure. Got elements of Sludge metal, goth, new wave, psychedelia, industrial, punk/hardcore, and 60's pop all mixed in together. Pretty original and interesting.

I'd start off with October Rust, their softest, most melodic album.

From there, Bloody Kisses, heavier than OR, but more eclectic. Their opus.

Life is Killing Me is their latest, kind of a mix between OR and BK.

World Coming Down is their most depressing, doom-laden album. Not accessible at all.

Slow Deep and Hard is their debut, and very different from the rest of their stuff. Has more of a speed metal/punk vibe, and it is very angry and un-pc. Unsuccessfully Coping w/ the Natural Beauty of Infidelity is their best song of all time though.

So yeah, highly recommended.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Unsuccessfully Coping w/ the Natural Beauty of Infidelity is their best song of all time though.

Damn right it is....I'll never forget when I first heard it.
    "I know you're ___________ someone else....."

Sad part is, at the time I could unfortunately relate.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Not heard much from them, only a song I dont wanna be me.

The singer is a scary looking character, wouldnt like to meet him down a dark alleyway.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Damn right it is....I'll never forget when I first heard it.
    "I know you're ___________ someone else....."

Sad part is, at the time I could unfortunately relate.

Haha, yeah. I have related to this song on a few occasions. And the strange thing is that the song really really helped me feel better. Great for angry broken hearted moping.
  • stu gee wrote:
    Not heard much from them, only a song I dont wanna be me.

The singer is a scary looking character, wouldnt like to meet him down a dark alleyway.

Scary looking dude, indeed, but very nice guy nonetheless. Total sheep in wolf's clothing. I have had the privilidge of meeting the band on more than a few occasions, and Pete Steele has always been nothing but a great down to earth guy. Imposing though. 6'7, 220 lbs of pure muscle. Built like an American football line backer.