Velvet Revolver?

brainofdbrainofd Posts: 10
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Has anyone seen them in concert? I couldn't find any set lists on their site and I was wondering what to expect. I saw STP years ago so I know what to expect with Scott Weiland- no EV, but he was pretty great.
Holding on, the light of night
On my knees to rise and fix my broken soul
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smartass1235smartass1235 Posts: 136
    I thought VR broke up, no?
    4-30-03
    7-06-03
    7-11-03
    9-28-04
    9-29-04
    5-13-06
    6-03-06
    6-27-08
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    Last I heard, they were in the studio recording a new album.
  • brainofdbrainofd Posts: 10
    I think they are still together-I have tickets to see them in Paso Robles on the 30th! Who knows though-someone may be back in rehab...
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    I saw them in concert in May 2005 , basically they just played their entire cd contraband and they also played wish you were here.Oh, they also played sex type thing and mr.brownstone
    Thanks! I was hoping to hear some GNR and STP.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    http://vr.belowempty.com/concerts.php

You can see old concerts by clicking on the years on the left hand side. They've been playing basically the same setlist since they got together.
    Thanks for that link. I went to their "official site" and it pretty much sux. This one is way better.
  • swardsward Posts: 586
    It may just be me..but everytime I have heard Weiland sing, he just doesn't sound great. That said, those times were few and far between..but how does he sond live as a rule?
    I saw him with STP back in 96. It was their first show after Scott got out of one of his rehab stints. He had so much energy and they put on a really good show. I think his voice sounded great. I remember thinking at the time it was my favorite concert ever-but I have since seen Pearl Jam so that has changed.
  • Was at Live 8 in Hyde Park, London and saw their (really) short set. IMO they tore it up and were a perfect antidote to Madonna, Robbie Williams and the like. Musically excellent and Scott was really on point, which was wierd as he was high as a kite.....

Not a fan of GNR or STP but I have to give them props.
    Phoney Beatle mania has bitten the dust...
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    I've seen Weiland live only on TV, and I thought he sounded good. He dances like he's a little light in the loafers, but other than that he does put on a pretty good show.

I saw him singing It's So Easy and Brownstone on different occassions, but it's very difficult to listen to any other voice belting out those particular tunes, if you know what I mean. I thought it was very cool that they mixed in a little GNR and STP, though.
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • saw them in amherst u-mass, ma. w/ hoobastank opening. velvet revolver rocked the house. those guys are all about rock n' roll. scott sounded very good, and he was energetic thoughout the show. i liked them alot more then i did after seeing the show, oh and hoobastank hoobasucked.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    VR was one of the best shows Ive seen....if you see them soon, they may play some new songs as they are apparently in the studio but back then all they had was Contraband so at my show we heard all of that but 2 songs, wish you were here, crackerman, sex type thing, its so easy, and mr brownstone....Weiland took a few songs to warm up but was on fire most of the night...wish you were here stands out in my memory as a highlight and hearing thousands of people sing along to fall to pieces was one of those teary eyed moments....
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
    LedZepFan wrote:
    wish you were here stands out in my memory as a highlight and hearing thousands of people sing along to fall to pieces was one of those teary eyed moments....

I like Contraband, but I think Fall to Pieces is one of the cheesiest piece of shit Radio songs I've ever heard a Band produce.
    I'll keep taking punches
  • SimonbabouSimonbabou Posts: 47
    There a link to past Setlist..

http://vr.belowempty.com/concerts_song_archive.php

I saw them in Ottawa and it was a real HARD ROCK show... So good...
    if they come basck i'll go see them again...
    Montreal 2000 - 2003 - 2005 - 2011
    Ottawa 2005 - 2011 - 2016
    Québec 2005 - 2016
    Toronto 2006 night #1
    Toronto 2006 night #2
    EV Montreal 2008 Night #1
    EV Montreal 2008 Night #2
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Vr kicks ass, for sure one of the best concerts I seen. Scott is an amazing singer and performer, and add Slash on guitar and ur set. Cant wait for there new cd
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    I like Contraband, but I think Fall to Pieces is one of the cheesiest piece of shit Radio songs I've ever heard a Band produce.

I wasn't crazy about it, especially after how much it got overplayed....but live it was just incredible
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Velvet Revolver are in LA laying tracks for the sophmore album called Liberated.

Scott has mentioned something about it being a concept album???
    But im not to sure of that.

Its set for late november/december release.
  • brainofd wrote:
    Has anyone seen them in concert? I couldn't find any set lists on their site and I was wondering what to expect. I saw STP years ago so I know what to expect with Scott Weiland- no EV, but he was pretty great.

This has to be one awful band. W/O the De leo bros Weeland is a hamster.
    Slash needs Axl, thats right...Slash was ridin the train.
    http://www.myspace.com/bonodinner

Detroit x 2
    Grand Rapids x 2
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I saw them in Ottawa last March. Amazing show, lots of energy, was my first real show. It was really loud though, like ears ringing for days type thing.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    LedZepFan wrote:
    I wasn't crazy about it, especially after how much it got overplayed....but live it was just incredible

Agreed.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    I'v seen them twice. They're not the best sounding band i'v seen live, but they're full of energy and put on a good show.
    This has to be one awful band. W/O the De leo bros Weeland is a hamster.
    Slash needs Axl, thats right...Slash was ridin the train.

I tell you, I always thought the DeLeo bros were pretty incredible. Dean DeLeo has quite a few classic Rock Riffs in his catalog, if you ask me.
    I hear the remaining STP members are forming a band with the singer from Filter and they're to be called Army of Anyone - This does sound promising to me.

As for the Axl/Slash thing. I have never heard a singer's voice seem to go with a Guitarist's sound as well as these two. And yes, as great as Slash is, to me his stuff since GNR is not up to par to what he laid down while working with Axl.
    I'll keep taking punches