Band of Horses

InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
edited April 2008 in Other Music
this is the best new band I've heard in a while..........these guys fucken rock.
Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• They're good, but I can't listen to them at length without wanting to listen to MMJ instead. I do wish I had seen them live a couple months ago though.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • balwal78balwal78 Posts: 74
    Just heard of them for the first time about three days ago when I was using pandora.com. Had my Rogue Wave station on and up popped Band of Horses. I really enjoy all their songs on their myspace page. Might purchase their album.
    Shows Attended:1996-09-28|1996-09-29|1998-08-29|1998-09-18|2000-09-02|
    2000-10-08|2000-10-09|2003-04-19|2003-04-28|2003-05-03|2005-09-15|
    2005-09-16|2008-06-16|2008-06-19|2008-06-20|2008-06-22
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    yeah I actually like them better than MMJ and I love MMJ. I am going to see MMJ at Radio City this summer in between the PJ madness!!! Yeah I wish I saw them live a couple of months ago as well. I might be going to Lollapalooza again this year (the line up is sick) and was hoping they would be on the line up but unfortunately they are not.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • I'm just on their Myspace page because I thought they had a good name.. I'm digging it. :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Been a fan of theirs for a while now. some good songs.

If you like their folkier sound check out a new band from seattle on sub pop called fleet foxes.

I probably like band of horses more, but they have a similar sound. Although Fleet Foxes is less rockin and more pop/folky.

I was so sad when i heard funeral on a Ford commercial. I'm not against bands using songs on commercials but that song in particular and its lyrical content just seems like it should not be used to sell a car :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I downloaded 'Cease to Begin' by Band of Horses the other day. Not a bad song on the entire disc. I listen to the whole thing from beginning to end.

Also...what is 'MMJ'?
    intodeep wrote:
    Been a fan of theirs for a while now. some good songs.

If you like their folkier sound check out a new band from seattle on sub pop called fleet foxes.

I probably like band of horses more, but they have a similar sound. Although Fleet Foxes is less rockin and more pop/folky.

I was so sad when i heard funeral on a Ford commercial. I'm not against bands using songs on commercials but that song in particular and its lyrical content just seems like it should not be used to sell a car :(

yeah I heard Fleet Foxes i need to pick up that EP...........they sound good

MMJ stands for My Morning Jacket by the way
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    Oxxys wrote:

MMJ stands for My Morning Jacket by the way

thanks!
  • RAT!RAT! Posts: 115
    great band, another awesome band i can't stop listening to are the cave singers.

http://www.myspace.com/thecavesingers
  • RAT! wrote:
    great band, another awesome band i can't stop listening to are the cave singers.

http://www.myspace.com/thecavesingers
    Cave singers are great--have you heard Fleet Foxes: http://www.myspace.com/fleetfoxes

They toured with Cave Singers I believe. Great band. Looking forward to their LP--thier current EP lacks some of their better songs.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Oxxys wrote:
    this is the best new band I've heard in a while..........these guys fucken rock.

Liked that song Funeral at first when I heard it but cant stand it anymore
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    Cave singers are great--have you heard Fleet Foxes: http://www.myspace.com/fleetfoxes

They toured with Cave Singers I believe. Great band. Looking forward to their LP--thier current EP lacks some of their better songs.

i have, yeah. they opened up for the cave singers a few months ago at the

croc. i wasn't blown away by them or anything but i'll have to give them

another listen
    i don't know man they are pretty fucken good
    i don't know man they are pretty fucken good
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I'm just getting into Band of Horses myself. The only thing is that the album is so short. it's like 35 minutes!

Also, for you Cave Singeres fans, check out:
    http://www.trixiedvd.com/bts/

I just picked up this DVD becasue of EDdie and Minus the Bear. A pleasant soup of surpises follewed with the Cave singers, Kinski, Dave Bazan from Pedro the Lion, and a few others.

The Cave Singers song on this DVD is creepy as hell. the girl on the drum(s) is fuckin awseome!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I'm just getting into Band of Horses myself. The only thing is that the album is so short. it's like 35 minutes!

Also, for you Cave Singeres fans, check out:
    http://www.trixiedvd.com/bts/

I just picked up this DVD becasue of EDdie and Minus the Bear. A pleasant soup of surpises follewed with the Cave singers, Kinski, Dave Bazan from Pedro the Lion, and a few others.

The Cave Singers song on this DVD is creepy as hell. the girl on the drum(s) is fuckin awseome!

yeah i got that burn to shine dvd as well, called the cave singers song is

awesome i love it. the girl playin the drums was the singer from pretty girls

make graves.
    cave singers I'll have to check them out

currently listening to the Fleet Foxes they are fucken wild
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I think they're pretty good, but Built to Spill have done the same kinda thing so much better. Will definitely try and check them out at the festivals this summer though. I'm yet to make a real opinion on them.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    fowls wrote:
    I think they're pretty good, but Built to Spill have done the same kinda thing so much better. Will definitely try and check them out at the festivals this summer though. I'm yet to make a real opinion on them.

I agree BtS are way better but i see them as different bands. BtS is very guitar oriented where as i see band of horses greatest asset is their lyrics. The guys in band of hourses write cool songs but won't ever touch Doug and the guys he plays with as far as guitar riffs and solo's etc.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22