Radiohead Seattle area date

anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
edited April 2008 in Other Music
A local radio station (94.7 KNRK Portland OR), has sent me one of those mass e-mail things announcing that Radiohead will be playing the White River amphitheater in the Seattle area on August 20th.

It is not on the Radiohead site, so I'm not sure how reliable that information is. I would think pretty reliable since the staion is putting it out there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PearlsGirlPearlsGirl Posts: 257
    A local radio station (94.7 KNRK Portland OR), has sent me one of those mass e-mail things announcing that Radiohead will be playing the White River amphitheater in the Seattle area on August 20th.

It is not on the Radiohead site, so I'm not sure how reliable that information is. I would think pretty reliable since the staion is putting it out there.

are you serious? cause they are my best friend's favorite band and I know she's been looking foward to seeing them. we saw them in 03 I think at White River. ha... that opening band was TERRIBLE.
    Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old.

Best two days of my life: Oasis at MSG and Pearl Jam at the Gorge.
  • Stephen Fucking Malkmus of Pavement?????????

Get some respect for the history of independent music!!!!!!
    PearlsGirl wrote:
    are you serious? cause they are my best friend's favorite band and I know she's been looking foward to seeing them. we saw them in 03 I think at White River. ha... that opening band was TERRIBLE.
  • First Radiohead thread I could find.

Here are the new tour dates from WASTE:

August 2008
    1 - Chicago, IL - Lollapalooza
    3 - Noblesville, IN - Verizon Wireless Music Center
    4 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH - Blossom Music Center
    6 - Montreal, Quebec - Parc Jean Drapeau
    8, 9 - Jersey City, NJ - All Points West Music & Arts Festival
    12 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center
    13 - Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts
    15 - Toronto, Ontario - Molson Amphitheatre
    19 - Vancouver, British Columbia - Thunderbird Stadium
    20 - Auburn, WA - White River Amphitheatre
    22 - San Francisco, CA - Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival
    24, 25 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl
    27 - Chula Vista, CA - Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre
    28 - Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • mikesbrimikesbri Posts: 965
    I saw on ticketmaster a few of them going on sale within the next week. Hopefully WASTE gives us option to get some before regular sale.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    mikesbri wrote:
    I saw on ticketmaster a few of them going on sale within the next week. Hopefully WASTE gives us option to get some before regular sale.

Presale supposedly starts Wed for the 2nd half of the tour, but I haven't seen any info about it yet.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Be prepared to refresh the WASTE presale page every 5 minutes all day long when those things go on sale. They don't announce the time they go one sale(to deter scalpers) and all of the shows will be sold out within the hour after they do go on sale. That being said, it's the best way to get good tickets to the show, Ticketmaster will sell out quickly as well and after that you are looking at paying 150%+ of face value on eBay.
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i'm in a text msg tree for w.a.s.t.e so hopefully i'll get them through waste wednesday morning
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    hodge wrote:
    i'm in a text msg tree for w.a.s.t.e so hopefully i'll get them through waste wednesday morning
    They went on sale at 9 AM Eastern time for the first leg. Doesn't mean they will do the same for the second leg, but just wanted to give you a heads up anyway. Good luck.
  • OmahaJammerOmahaJammer Posts: 261

It's on their site. Look a little harder. On the "tour" page. Perhaps they just updated it.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    It's on their site. Look a little harder. On the "tour" page. Perhaps they just updated it.

It has been updated since my initial post. As of the 3rd, it wasn't on there. :)
  • RAT!RAT! Posts: 115
    why the hell would they play at the white river ampitheatre. i hate hate hate

that place.
  • I agree, the venue does suck. Better than no date at all though.......
  • There are 2 presale passwords for this show. the presale starts Thursday April 10 at 10 am. The tickets go on sale to the General public on saturday April 12 at 10 am. Ticketmaster

The 2 passwords I know of are --LYRIC--- and ---KINK-- I know for a fact that the LYRIC password will work, I got it from a connection at LiveNation.

here is the Direct Ticketmaster link

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0F0040839DEE4198?artistid=763468&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60&brand=tm&camefrom=CFC_BUYAT_portlandposterpole

Copy The link and then use it on TM from both Firefox and Explorer, TM tracks by cookie not IP, double your chances. That's what the scalpers do.

Hope this helps

also the password for the May Modest Mouse show in Bend is ---Monqui--
    that presale is on now.

find the link for that and the Journey Cheap trick shows on my site http://www.portlandposterpole.com