Metal Heads out there -

BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
edited June 2008 in Other Music
I'm a fan of Disturbed, but I've never seen them live. I'm thinking about going to their concert in Atlanta in August where they'll be joined by Slipnot, Mastadon, and some group named Dragonforce (I think that's the correct name).

I've been to only two metal shows in the past, but one was Pantera in New Orleans in 1994 (a scary experience, but fun nonetheless).

Any other Disturbed fans out there and have any of you seen them live?
United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    I'm a fan of Disturbed, but I've never seen them live. I'm thinking about going to their concert in Atlanta in August where they'll be joined by Slipnot, Mastadon, and some group named Dragonforce (I think that's the correct name).

I've been to only two metal shows in the past, but one was Pantera in New Orleans in 1994 (a scary experience, but fun nonetheless).

Any other Disturbed fans out there and have any of you seen them live?
    I've seen Disturbed 3-4 times and they rock. I've also seen Slipknot 2 times- also great live. Never seen Mastadon, but I have seen Dragonforce maybe 2 years ago in a small club- good stuff! have fun!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    LukinFan wrote:
    I've seen Disturbed 3-4 times and they rock. I've also seen Slipknot 2 times- also great live. Never seen Mastadon, but I have seen Dragonforce maybe 2 years ago in a small club- good stuff! have fun!

With that lineup together, it will no doubt be a wild time. As an aside, Disturbed will be performing tonight live on Spike TV at some awards show.

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Mastodon seems a bit out of place there...
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    With that lineup together, it will no doubt be a wild time. As an aside, Disturbed will be performing tonight live on Spike TV at some awards show.
    the line-up was originally better- they had Sevendust in there (which by the way puts on one hell of a show EVERY time they play) but 7D pulled out to do their own tour with Nonpoint.

If the Sevendust/Nonpoint tour comes anywhere near you- you must go -they both rock!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• BamaPJFan wrote:
    I'm a fan of Disturbed,

And you directed this thread at metalheads?

Hahahahaha! good joke man. :)
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB

I didn't know what other category to place them in! It's interesting that the bands that open for Disturbed on this current tour are a lot harder than Disturbed.

• CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    I'm not a fan of disturbed but I saw them live once, had a great time.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • A few things from one serious metalhead to another:

Kudos for seeing Pantera in '94 in NOLA... Good times :D

Slipknot are worth seeing live if not for their music just for their manic stage antics. I've seen them 6 times and they never fail to impress.

Dragonforce are shit.

Mastodon are an absolutely astounding band, but not to everyone's taste. I recommend seeing them, even if their shows can be a bit epic... but I see this as a good thing. :)

Having seen Disturbed 4 times, I wouldn't recommend one of their shows. Being someone that has seen bands such as Pantera, Mastodon, Down, Slayer and Lamb Of God several times, I would think that you going from Pantera to Disturbed is a step down in the evolutionary metal scale. Their shows for me are samey and uneventful. David Draiman would like to be a good frontman, but in my opinion always falls short. You will probably enjoy their show however, as you're already a fan :)

I do recommend going to the gig if just for Mastodon's dramatis melodies and Slipknot's stage show. All of this is just in my opinion you understand, but heed my words! Dragonforce are shit. :p
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • And you directed this thread at metalheads?

:D Hahaha! Nicely done... :cool:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,230

Ugh...music snobs.

Anyhow, here's what I think:

Disturbed - The only time I saw them live was opening for STP years ago. I'm not a big fan of their music, but they're fine from what I remember.

Slipknot - Seen them a couple times and they put on one hell of a show. Tight and wildly entertaining.

Mastodon - The balls. Awesome band and tremendous live. Might be tough to digest if you're not familiar with them, but not to be missed.

DragonForce - People around here love to slag them. It ain't art...goofy power metal, but they're a lot of fun.
  • pjl44 wrote:
    Ugh...music snobs.

i'm not a snob, i was just being funny.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    I didn't know what other category to place them in! It's interesting that the bands that open for Disturbed on this current tour are a lot harder than Disturbed.
    I think that all of them are opening for Slipknot
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:
    I think that all of them are opening for Slipknot

On Disturbed's website, it makes it seem that Disturbed is the headliner, but Slipknot might be the last band to play.

* Yep, you're right (I just went back and checked). Slipknot is the headliner. Mastadon plays first, followed by Dragonforce, Disturbed, and then Slipknot.