R.e.m.

BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
edited June 2008 in Other Music
I'm headed over to Atlanta later this afternoon for R.E.M.'s show at Lakewood Amphitheatre. This will be my first time seeing R.E.M. live and in living color. I'm hoping for a good setlist. Looking at previous setlists from this tour, they've been performing almost thirty songs an outing.

This is their last U.S. show; they're about to head overseas.

Has anyone else on this forum ever seen R.E.M. perform live?
United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    I'm headed over to Atlanta later this afternoon for R.E.M.'s show at Lakewood Amphitheatre. This will be my first time seeing R.E.M. live and in living color. I'm hoping for a good setlist. Looking at previous setlists from this tour, they've been performing almost thirty songs an outing.

This is their last U.S. show; they're about to head overseas.

Has anyone else on this forum ever seen R.E.M. perform live?

I saw them a few days ago in Philly for the first time. It was great!! :D They will not disappoint.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Saw the St Paul show this tour. Best REM show I've seen. You're in for a treat.
  • Saw them at Langerado this year, and they rocked.
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)
  • Saw them in Toronto on June 8. It was my first time seeing them after 18 years of being a fan. It was awesome. They played "These Days," "Seven Chinese Brothers," "So Fast So Numb," "Begin the Begin," "Electrolite," "Fall on Me," "Final Straw" and many others including the bulk of the new album. I think we got 27 songs that night, all great.

Phenomenal show. If you enjoy their entire career (as I do), you'll have fun.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    I just made it back from Atlanta. R.E.M. knocked it out of the ballpark. Great setlist indeed. Since this concert was in their backyard, it made it even better.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09