Chris Cornell in Denver with Special Guest

boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Wishful thinking on my part. What are the odds that EVedd shows up as an unannounced special guest tonight and they do "Hunger Strike" together on stage? A guy can dream.
one foot in the door
the other foot in the gutter
sweet smell that they adore
I think I'd rather smother
-The Replacements-
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Wishful thinking on my part. What are the odds that EVedd shows up as an unannounced special guest tonight and they do "Hunger Strike" together on stage? A guy can dream.

I would be super pist if that happened. lol
  • you should be happy that he shows up at all. Mr Hollyood IS gracing you with his presence ya know. Although it is only 15-20 thousand fans and not some L.A. party. Oh well, I'm over it...and him too. He can kiss my ass. What a dick
    "We've got a thousand points of light, for the soldier man
    Want him to come home soon, Come home while they can"
  • Lzrdkng00 wrote:
    you should be happy that he shows up at all. Mr Hollyood IS gracing you with his presence ya know. Although it is only 15-20 thousand fans and not some L.A. party. Oh well, I'm over it...and him too. He can kiss my ass. What a dick

He can take he designer jeans and hit the road right? lol :D
  • Considering how Cornell does a fan meet and greet after every show, I think we can safely assume that he does care about his fans. Very few artists would bother doing that after playing for over two and a half hours, and particularly with the ridiculously intense schedule he's had. I'm sure there was a good reason why he cancelled the show and did the jeans thing. Most likely a contractual thing which would have lead to a load of legal issues if he cancelled that. Yeah it sucks, but really it isn't that big a deal.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    He can take he designer jeans hit the road right? lol :D
    you chillin with bob?
  • pjtaper wrote:
    you chillin with bob?

Are you kidding? This state sucks you know that. lol

I'm getting some ok Bob later tonight. Not like your bob and jack out by you of course.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I'm not kidding, it's been TOO good... seriously, TOO GOOD!!!
    Lets not talk about Ed showing up tonight, we all know he'll be attending the designer jeans event... I'll be there, I had to buy a $450 pair of jeans, but if that is what it takes to see Chris Cornell in this town, so be it... I bet all those saps waiting in the Fillmore will fell pretty stupid when he doesnt show up
  • pjtaper wrote:
    I'm not kidding, it's been TOO good... seriously, TOO GOOD!!!

I'm happy for yea. Your the only one I would say that too. Enjoy some bob for me please. :)
  • I love Cornell, but I have to say one of the funniest things I've seen on this board in a while is when some dude said that after Cornell's set he was going to do a dildo commercial. That was classic.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • He actually did play Hunger Strike which was really cool and all of us in the crowd got to sing Eddie's part, which was a nice touch.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Great show last night, but where was the crowd? Come on people, leaving before a show ends??? I kinda like the curtain hanging making a more intimate show.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • CServant wrote:
    Great show last night, but where was the crowd? Come on people, leaving before a show ends??? I kinda like the curtain hanging making a more intimate show.

I was in 2nd-3rd row, no one left before the show was over where I was. In fact during the encore all the sudden some angry dudes started pushing forward and muscling their way up to the front. Normally I would have pushed the guy out of the way and told him to fuck off, but he kind of looked like a big, bald badass so I figured it probably wasn't a good idea.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-