The White Stripes

boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Thank God I have boys and I don't have to listen to Hanna Montana. My boys love The White Stripes. They absolutely can't get enough of Conquest.

There's nothing more cute and hilarious than my 3 year old walking around the house singing "Coooonquuuuesssst!" at the top of his lungs.

My 6 year old tries to follow along on his drum kit. He's pretty much got it down, I think it's the first song he knows. Look out Meg.
one foot in the door
the other foot in the gutter
sweet smell that they adore
I think I'd rather smother
-The Replacements-
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    If the wife and I ever have kids, I really hope they enjoy good music like that! You're very fortunate.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

If i had to choose between seeing them in concert or seeing Pearl jam, I'd choose the White Stripes every time.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Jackandmeg wrote:
    Caught them 4 times on the 07 Canadian tour. Amazing live.

If i had to choose between seeing them in concert or seeing Pearl jam, I'd choose the White Stripes every time.
    That's quite shocking considering your username...
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Jackandmeg wrote:

I wouldn't choose them over Pearl Jam, but it's close. They are AWESOME live. I went to the St. John's concert. Wasn't much of a crowd, but those that were there were going crazy.
  • Raconteurs are touring in april. They are quite good as well. I will be going to the Vancouver show.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Jackandmeg wrote:

I'm with you.Would take White Stripes live over all other bands.They are sheer energy.Jacks guitar playing takes me to a higher plane.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Raconteurs are touring in april. They are quite good as well. I will be going to the Vancouver show.

i got my presale tix , yesterday!!! woopy
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • I love them, but felt like i got cheated out of the money that i paid when they played for about 1 hour 10-15 min.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Thank God I have boys and I don't have to listen to Hanna Montana. My boys love The White Stripes. They absolutely can't get enough of Conquest.

There's nothing more cute and hilarious than my 3 year old walking around the house singing "Coooonquuuuesssst!" at the top of his lungs.

My 6 year old tries to follow along on his drum kit. He's pretty much got it down, I think it's the first song he knows. Look out Meg.

as supreme being in my household i just handed down an edict that said no hannah montana is allowed. :D
    this morning i heard my nearly 9 year old daughter singing rabbit by the lemonheads. and i was pleased. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    as supreme being in my household i just handed down an edict that said no hannah montana is allowed. :D
    this morning i heard my nearly 9 year old daughter singing rabbit by the lemonheads. and i was pleased. :)

Agree.Kids have much more deserning tastes.Esp when they are thrashed soundly with the best music from the womb throughout.
    Who the hell is Hannah Montana anyway?Never heard of her/them/him.Am I just lucky?
    My niece has the best music taste,pretty much because its all she's been exposed to.She has even been forgiven the occassional music sin faux paux (one nickelback album bought,instantly regreted) but always comes back to the fold.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”