Chris Cornell and the Projekt Revolution Tour

boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Anyone have any idea what time Chris Cornell has been hitting the stage at these shows?
one foot in the door
the other foot in the gutter
sweet smell that they adore
I think I'd rather smother
-The Replacements-
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pretty sure he went on at like 7:45 in Camden, so I would say to be in by 7:30 to be safe.
    Philly 4-28-03 Camden 7-5-03 Philly 10-3-05
    Boston 5-24-06 Camden 5-27-06 Camden 5-28-06 DC 5-30-06 Chicago 8-5-07 Camden 6-19-08 Camden 6-20-08 DC 6-22-08 NY 6-24-08 NY 6-25-08 NY 8-4-08 (Ed) Newark 8-7-08 (Ed) Philly 6-11-09 (Ed) Philly 10-27-09 Philly 10-28-09 Philly 10-30-09 Philly 10-31-09 NY 5-20-10 NY 5-21-10
  • Grunge100Grunge100 Posts: 178
    7:55 in Pittsburgh. He rocked, it was a great show.
    Light green to green, dark green, brown..
    Every life is falling down
    Brown to black, it's coming back
    Dies to be part of the ground
    Seed to seedling, root to stem
  • boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    Thanks. The less Bravery I have to see the better.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5D7RHprEQ7I

So I just watched the clip above of Cornell and Chester bennington performing Hunger Strike, and check out what Chris says at the end! :mad: What a douche!
  • http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5D7RHprEQ7I

So I just watched the clip above of Cornell and Chester bennington performing Hunger Strike, and check out what Chris says at the end! :mad: What a douche!
    As much as I'd dearly love to punch Mr Cornell in the throat these days, he really does nail those high notes at the start of the last verse.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    This has been precisely my point! Or should I say my complaint....Cornell's voice is as great as it has been in years. He's hitting notes I never thought I'd hear him hit again, no less singing songs I thought he could never do "right" again. This is fantastic, right? To have one of my all time fav singers voices back in fine form.............then he goes and wastes away another year on a project with Timbaland, and from the signs of things, completely generic crap, nothing original whatsoever. It's just all so frustrating.

Anywho, I agree that Chris really didn't need to make that comment. I think he was really just saying that to be nice, but I can see how we as Vedder/PJ fans would take offense, I didn't take it seriously, it was just unnecessary; if he wanted to be nice, all he had to say was "great job, Chester!" I actually didn't think the Chester performance was that great, I mean it wasn't bad either, but it sounded more like a little boy singing the song, only my opinion though.

What I'm actually more interested these days is how Chris' ol pals (PJ, SG members, etc) feel about this new album he has coming out.......you know, the one that full of Timberlake b-sides...
  • The_Fixer The_Fixer Posts: 255
    then he goes and wastes away another year on a project with Timbaland, and from the signs of things, completely generic crap, nothing original whatsoever. It's just all so frustrating.

Have you listened the entire album?
    Montreal 08/20/98 | New York 09/11/98 | Wantagh 08/24/00 | Montreal 10/04/00 | Montreal 06/29/03 | Montreal 09/15/05
    Toronto 05/10/06 | Vancouver 04/02//08 (Ed) | Manchester 06/14/08 | Montreal 08/09/08 (Ed) | Montreal 08/10/08 (Ed) 
    Albany 06/08/09 (Ed) | Philadelphia 10/31/09 | Montreal 09/07/11 | Ottawa 05/08/16 | Brooklyn 04/07/17 (RRHOF)
    Dana Point 09/09/17 (Ed) | Rome 06/26/18
  • http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5D7RHprEQ7I

Nah he's just saying that shit to get the fans onside. A crowd of 15 yo Linkin Park fans can really fuck up your day if they don't like you :)
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Nah he's just saying that shit to get the fans onside. A crowd of 15 yo Linkin Park fans can really fuck up your day if they don't like you :)

Oh yeah I know, I'm not really pissed off, just a fucking stupid thing to say!
  • Oh yeah I know, I'm not really pissed off, just a fucking stupid thing to say!

I was at one of his concerts in Australia which was headlined by Linkin Park also and I totally understand why he would have made that comment. The LP fans can be little shits. But these sorts of things aren't doing much for his cred and I feel that there is still worse to come I am sorry to say.
  • Grunge100Grunge100 Posts: 178
    I did'nt find it demeaning in any way. I was hoping Vedder was going to make a guest appearance during the song. Cornell did sound pretty good during the show.
    Light green to green, dark green, brown..
    Every life is falling down
    Brown to black, it's coming back
    Dies to be part of the ground
    Seed to seedling, root to stem
  • OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    Have you listened the entire album?

Nah not yet, and I should probably wait to make such comments until then, but if the snippets we've heard are any indication, it's not looking too good.....and that's putting it mildly.