Anyone going to Lollapalooza?

skychoticskychotic Posts: 9
edited June 2006 in Other Music
I think I might. I live in Minnesota and I can fly to Chicago for like $100 which isn't bad. After seeing the PJ show in St. Paul I'm really pumped to see more live music and there should be some good stuff at Lollapallooza. Plus I've always wanted to go to a music festival. Seems like it would be kind of fun.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• patw486patw486 Posts: 52
    if you go make sure you see Ween. i'd go just to see them if i could, but it'd be pretty unreasonable since i live in NC.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    whose on the bill this year?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • skychoticskychotic Posts: 9
    According to the official site there's 130 bands but the highlights for me are RHCP, Kanye West, Sonic Youth, Raconteurs, QOTSA, Wilco, Flaming Lips and Ryan Adams. But there's a lot of other bands I'm interested in seeing that are gonna be there.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Nickel Creek and Blues Traveler will be there, too.

I think the entire line-up looks OUTSTANDING. Wish I was somewhere near Chicago those days.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I think I am. SK's last show...so it will be a little special.
  • GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    Im probably going, just waiting to break the news to the boss that Im gonna need another day off...

Id recommend Be Your Own Pet, Umphreys McGee and Disco Biscuits, in addition to bands previously mentioned though will prob. skip Kenya West.

As far as the show itself is it really cut off at 10 pm each night? Was that what happened in the past years? Also anything else going on in CHi that weekend as far as late night shows?
  • GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    n/t
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    GeorgeinNY wrote:
    As far as the show itself is it really cut off at 10 pm each night? Was that what happened in the past years? Also anything else going on in CHi that weekend as far as late night shows?

i think there's a late night rave/electronic dance party thing after the bands are done.

ill be there. already bought my tickets. it will be my first weekend in chicago after i move in august 1. talk abuot kicking things off with a bang :)
  • VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,207
    I think I am. SK's last show...so it will be a little special.

Their last show will be in Portland.
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside