Have a stupid concert question

skychoticskychotic Posts: 9
edited June 2006 in Other Music
I'm thinking about going to see the Flaming Lips and Sonic Youth in August and for tickets there's general admission and reserved seating. My question is how does general admission work? Does that mean "first come, first served?" Because I want to get close to the stage if I can.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• merlin401merlin401 Posts: 230
    skychotic wrote:
    I'm thinking about going to see the Flaming Lips and Sonic Youth in August and for tickets there's general admission and reserved seating. My question is how does general admission work? Does that mean "first come, first served?" Because I want to get close to the stage if I can.
    Yes, thats what GA means. But obviously if there is ALSO reseverd seating, those are going to be the seats closest the stage. So, I would assume the best you can do in GA is be the row behind the last row of reserved seating
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden I, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022), MSG I, Fenway 1 (2024)
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people"
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    merlin401 wrote:
    Yes, thats what GA means. But obviously if there is ALSO reseverd seating, those are going to be the seats closest the stage. So, I would assume the best you can do in GA is be the row behind the last row of reserved seating

Not necessarily. Sometimes the floor is GA, and the upper levels are reserved if its a two story venue.

In any case, get there early if you want to be front and center. Usually you can get close on edges even during a show. And You want to be up close for the Lips. The closer the better.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    if it's an ampitheater, the general admission seats will all be on the lawn, way behind the reserved seats.

if it's an arena, it's a crapshoot. they could have reserved seating anywhere. id call the venue and ask.

flaming lips and sonic youth will both be at lollapalooza. im stoked :)
  • boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    Just remember there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    skychotic wrote:

Just curious, but are you asking about the St. Louis show at The Pageant? Because I'm going to that show. At the Pageant, the GA seats are on the floor, the reserved seats are on the upper level.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • merlin401merlin401 Posts: 230
    merkinball wrote:
    Not necessarily. Sometimes the floor is GA, and the upper levels are reserved if its a two story venue.

In any case, get there early if you want to be front and center. Usually you can get close on edges even during a show. And You want to be up close for the Lips. The closer the better.
    Ahh yes you're right. Sorry to mislead; i'm just so used to PJ concerts where everything is seats.
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden I, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022), MSG I, Fenway 1 (2024)
  • skychoticskychotic Posts: 9
    No, it's at the Minnesota State Fair. According to the seating chart, if I want to be close I need general admission. Kind of good because it means I have a chance of getting up front but kind of bad because it means I'm going to spend the entire day in line.
  • skychoticskychotic Posts: 9
    Alright, I'm confused again. Yesterday I bought a ticket for myself on Ticketmaster. For section it said "GA12". I ended up persuading a friend to go with and so I bought another ticket. This time it said "GA13". Does this mean the genral admission seating is split up into sections? Doesn't make any sense...