Lettermans WORST Musical Act

pc_loadletterpc_loadletter Posts: 164
edited September 2006 in Other Music
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HQgZB3sFdhY

has anyone ever seen this?? i used to watch this in highschool with my buddies and we would all piss ourselves laughing at 0:53 seconds into it when he just dives out of the picture. oh man, im still laughing at it today

.......i wonder why the vines disapeared..............?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That was absolutely hilarious. You know it's bad when Dave doesn't even get up and shake hands with the band.
  • mate they suck.
    i havnt heard much about them since their lead singer had a mental breakdown on stage and abused the audience and kicked a photographer.
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/vines_break_down.html
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    That was funny. Talk about trying to hard to act a fool :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • dang. i feel like i need to go apologize to kurt cobain's tomb for allowing such a blatant and terrible ripoff of his to exist on earth
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Too be honest The Vines are okay but this performance is shocking,the drummer looks pissed off tho.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • This is the band that my kids and I vote "Almost The Saddest Thing Ever." Their albums were wonderful, but the only time we had the chance to see them live, they dropped out of the Incubus tour (which we later thought was probably a very good thing.) I really do feel bad for the rest of the band.

As f-ed up as this performance was, I still had to laugh. Whatever Craig's problem really is, this was pretty funny.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • TimTim Posts: 22
    Craig is all settled down now.

He was diagnosed with autism and is now on medication. So yeh the reason he goes all crazy in the video is due to the autism. I'm pretty sure he's a lot more tame in their recent performances.

Anyway that video was quite funny.
    Pearl Jam, Acer Arena, Sydney, 7th & 18th November, 2006
  • Tim wrote:
    Craig is all settled down now.

He was diagnosed with autism and is now on medication. So yeh the reason he goes all crazy in the video is due to the autism. I'm pretty sure he's a lot more tame in their recent performances.

Anyway that video was quite funny.

that is a shame autism is serious
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    its good to see craig's dad posted. :)
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • pazmanpazman Posts: 197
    congrats to the bass player and drummer sticking to their guns!

performance could've been worse but they did well, pretty hard to play with such unpredictablility leading the band!
    would've been awfully distracting but they solidered through

how close was the drummer coming to getting cleaned up by craigs guitar when he threw it?

he did the same when i saw them a few years back! entertaining performace
    amazing no one ever got seriously injured!
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • pazmanpazman Posts: 197
    That was absolutely hilarious. You know it's bad when Dave doesn't even get up and shake hands with the band.

I think Dave didnt bother shaking hands simply through fear of getting hurt!
    Who could predict what he would do next?
    Even Schaffer was hesitant to approach the mike and speak
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • I don't see what the big deal is! Yes, it seems like a Kurt Cobain ripoff, but when it was done 15 years ago it was cool! I brings back memories!!
    10.07.96 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    09.22.98 West Palm Beach, FL
    09.23.98 West Palm Beach, FL
    08.09.00 West Palm Beach, FL
    04.11.03 West Palm Beach, FL
    10.08.04 Kissimmee, FL
    05.28.06 Camden, NJ
    06.11.08 West Palm Beach, FL
    06.12.08 Tampa, FL
    11.30.12 Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Ed Solo)
    12.01.12 Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Ed Solo)
    04.08.16 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    04.09.16 Miami, FL
    04.11.16 Tampa, FL
  • I don't see what the big deal is! Yes, it seems like a Kurt Cobain ripoff, but when it was done 15 years ago it was cool! I brings back memories!!
    C'mon, you honestly think Kurt Cobain was the first person to behave like that onstage? You may want to look a bit further back, like the mid to late 70's. It's called punk, and no I don't mean Green Day. As for Craig Nicholls, I didn't know autism could be held responsible for such a stage act. Pretty fucking out there. Funny as hell, but I've never wanted to pay to sit through that.
    If I only knew now, what I new then.
    The Texas Leaguer smalltiming it.
  • andychandych Posts: 130
    you may want to go back even further than the mid 70s?????..

never mind..
    dead head

Bern 13/9/06
  • andych wrote:
    you may want to go back even further than the mid 70s?????..

never mind..
    Yeah they went wild further back, but the Kurt/Craig/punk act was all very much the same.
    If I only knew now, what I new then.
    The Texas Leaguer smalltiming it.

thats not even close to being a ripoff....its in a catagorey of its own. when kurt did it, it was done out of the energy of the music/crowd. this guy doing it is just because hes on some bad drugs
  • I always regretted missing that...thanks for posting.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    thats not even close to being a ripoff....its in a catagorey of its own. when kurt did it, it was done out of the energy of the music/crowd. this guy doing it is just because hes on some bad drugs

that's what i was thinking.

why does everything always have to be a ripoff? i remember seeing this though and it was hilarious!

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Yes, Craig (the singer) is crazy in this performance, but I highly doubt he is trying to ripoff Kurt Cobain, or really anyone for that matter. He has a form of Autism which causes him to not being able to control himself in front of large audiences of people (bad career choice then huh? :) ). he has since been medicated, and the band, which has stopped touring, is now just playing a few gigs hear and there - like Reading and Leeds last month- a few shows here and there in Australia.

But anyway, it's the disease that causes the behavior.
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    i remember this one.

dave's face and reaction at the end of the show was priceless...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • thats not even close to being a ripoff....its in a catagorey of its own. when kurt did it, it was done out of the energy of the music/crowd. this guy doing it is just because hes on some bad drugs

Yeah, that's what i thought, he got a bad dose.
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • That guy is fucking clown shoes.

PC Loadletter?! What the fuck does that mean?
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • You know, before I read this, i knew it was about the vines. I say that a couple years ago, and laughed. HA!
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • The best thing about this was after the video vinished this popped up in the box at the end:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZpbYsDd0w0&NR
    :D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.