Options

80s pop song help with it!

morleonmorleon Posts: 1
edited June 2006 in Other Music
Hello everyone, I stumbled into this site because I was searching for a 80s song which I have had great difficulties finding! So I saw that people in this forum are very helpful so I thought, why not give it a shot by asking it here!

It's a song which I listened to in the mid 80's, and I just recently heard it on the radio, so obvisouly it had to be some kind of hit back then.

This is the help I can give about it:

1) It's probably made 1983-1985
2) It didn't make the billboard top 100 any of those years (or entire 80s)
3) I live in Sweden, so I'm guessing it was a bigger hit in Sweden/Europe
4) It sounds like a typical 80s pop-song, like it was made by Duran Duran or Depeche Mode
5) In it, when the guy raps/sings, afterwards, there is a distinct coughing-sound that is sung with the beat, sounds just like "ah-hum" and he sings the cough-sound several times. I've never heard any other song that has that in it.
6) I *believe* that the songs name or group name isn't a very long name, kind of short, like 10-12 letters maximum or something.
7) Obviously since they played it on Swedish radio it must have been some kind of one-hit-wonder back then...?

I know it's not much, but I believe the coughing-sound should help the most, since it is the only song I've ever heard that has that in it, and I've listened to a shitload of 80s songs to find it. Yes, you might ask me why did I not call the radiostation when it was played, but hey, I was working and had tons of things to do right then :(

Please help me with this one!
All tips are appreciated!

Sincerely,
/Morleon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    man, i hate when someone posts a question like this here and i can't figure out the answer...it makes me curious too...

hope someone can help.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    all i can think of is "let me clear my throat... a-hem, a-hem, a-hem"... which isn't part of any 80s tune... sorry.
  • Options
    Ok, this reminds me of that "Married With Children" where Al has the old song stuck in his head and he walks around going "mmm mmm hmmm" through the whole episode.

My advice. Try your damndest to remember even one line and type it in quotation marks on google and see if a page with the song's lyrics comes up. I have found a few songs that way.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    I tried different combinations of words you gave us on Google. Could the artist be Keuhkot? The page I found had lots of Euro-looking words, and I really only know English, but it said he makes a coughing sound in his music.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    dirtdirt Posts: 398
    All I can think of is a b-side off of a Frankie Goes To Hollywood single (song was called (Don't Lose What's Left) of Your Little Mind) -- Only the singer isn't coughing, he's burping in time to the beat. I used to work at a record store back then and we'd play that for a good laugh...and we always played DLR's Yankee Rose at 9p for the one hour 'til close warning for all employees in the building. The 80's. Good times.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!