Fuck Ticketmaster

No Fear Of FallingNo Fear Of Falling Posts: 419
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Trying to get tool tickets.

I finally come across good tickets after about 20 minutes of trying

Move on to the Payment details page...

Please note.

We limit the rate of web page requests that can be made by individual users in any given time period. Your web page requests have exceeded these limits and your access has been temporarily disabled. We impose these limits to protect the web site from automated programs, as part of our efforts to promote fair access to tickets. Please allow several minutes and then try again

And there went the tickets.

Meanwhile, back on the farm, supreme seats will be all over Stubhub, Ebay and everywhere else you can think as of 20 minutes ago.

I know its already been sung
Cant be said enough..
FUCK TICKETMASTER......
2004 - 10/1, 10/11
2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
2007 - 6/27, 8/3
2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i just got off the phone with my friend who said that she pulled up floor seats for the tool show in baltimore. but then when she clicked the "submit" button, it told her that the tickets were no longer available and she ended up with seats in the second tier off to the side.

but the good news is that apparently one of them is mine. :) this is the second time in about a month that someone has bought me a ticket to a show in baltimore and then told me about it afterwards (chris cornell was the other one). it's kinda inconvenient since i live three hours away from baltimore, but i guess i should either stop complaining or find some less cool friends. ;)

i got my atlantic city tickets this morning. the seats are pretty bad considering how quickly i submitted my order, but that's ticketmaster for you.

as for the rate limit thing, that will happen. it cost me my philly 05 pearl jam tickets, which i eventually got for $100 each. the trick is to only refresh once, right at the exact moment the clock turns to the on-sale time. but there really is no perfect way for dealing with ticketmaster.
  • and i will always argue that the worst part of dealing with ticketmaster is having to type in that code to prove that you're not an automated machine.

sometimes it's really easy. other times it's completely blurry and illegible. and if that happens, you're fucked. high-demand events tend to sell out on you if you have to repeat the code several times.
  • i just got off the phone with my friend who said that she pulled up floor seats for the tool show in baltimore. but then when she clicked the "submit" button, it told her that the tickets were no longer available and she ended up with seats in the second tier off to the side.

but the good news is that apparently one of them is mine. :) this is the second time in about a month that someone has bought me a ticket to a show in baltimore and then told me about it afterwards (chris cornell was the other one). it's kinda inconvenient since i live three hours away from baltimore, but i guess i should either stop complaining or find some less cool friends. ;)

i got my atlantic city tickets this morning. the seats are pretty bad considering how quickly i submitted my order, but that's ticketmaster for you.

as for the rate limit thing, that will happen. it cost me my philly 05 pearl jam tickets, which i eventually got for $100 each. the trick is to only refresh once, right at the exact moment the clock turns to the on-sale time. but there really is no perfect way for dealing with ticketmaster.

Have fun at the show, its gonna be fuckin bonkers. Tool is always great, but then A.C on a Saturday night is just icing on the cake.

I'll end up there regardless. All of my friends are going for a big birthday celebration (4 of our birthdays fall in the same week, june 12) and im sure more tickets will be available around showtime.

I snatched front row tickets on ticketmaster morning of the Continental show last fall.

Its just a pain in the ballssssssss during onsale dates.

Heres hoping to "Hooker with a penis" in A.C
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1