"Chinese Democracy" & Dr. Pepper...Perfect Together

dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Dr Pepper Will Give Everyone* In America A Free Soda If Axl Rose Releases New Guns N' Roses Album, Chinese Democracy, In 2008

*Guitarists Slash and Buckethead Will Not Be Eligible For Free Soda

March 26, 2008: 09:00 AM EST

PLANO, Texas, March 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Tired of a world in which Americans idolize wannabe singers and musicals about high schoolers pass as rock 'n roll music, Dr Pepper is encouraging (ok, begging) Axl Rose to finally release his 17-year-in-the-making belabored masterpiece, Chinese Democracy, in 2008.

In an unprecedented show of solidarity with Axl, everyone in America, except estranged GNR guitarists Slash and Buckethead, will receive a free can of Dr Pepper if the album ships some time -- anytime! -- in 2008. Dr Pepper supports Axl, and fully understands that sometimes you have to make it through the jungle before you get it right.

"It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper's special mix of 23 ingredients, which our fans have come to know and love," said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr Pepper. "So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection -- for something more than the average album. We know once it's released, people will refer to it as "Dr Pepper for the ears" because it will be such a refreshing blend of rich, bold sounds -- an instant classic."

Show your support for Axl and get on the nightrain of encouragement at http://www.chinesedemocracywhen.blogspot.com

Source
"I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    that is some genius marketing.....:)
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    They only offered that cause they know it won't ever happen.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    17 years and some $15 million later. Jesus.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    That's brilliant.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    lmao.:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    If I were Axl, I would put something out just to cheese everyone off. It would be great pub for all concerned.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    rofl.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    It's a shame that we won't be getting free Dr. Pepper. :(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    http://www.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080326&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp
    March 26, 2008

Press Release from Axl Regarding Dr Pepper
    We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr Pepper with our album "Chinese Democracy," as for us, this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others, we are unaware of such at this time. And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album, I'll share my Dr Pepper with him.

Axl Rose

Come on Axl!! Give us someting to rock out to this summer. I have 100% faith that Chinese Democracy is going to kick major ass.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    haha. nice.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Do you think GnR will tour AGAIN before CD comes out?

:D:D:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?