Euphoria Morning= Musical Goodness

dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
edited October 2006 in Other Music
And my point is?

After "Revelations" came out, I dusted "Euphoria Morning" off for contrast....not comparison....and to just enjoy it. I think that I can dig into Audioslave and solo Cornell equally but on different levels. I don't even bother to compare the two because they're different animals.

To my ears this is one high quality album. His vocals are clear, the music's not heavy-handed or oppressive, the lyrics..."typical" Cornell. "Wave Goodbye", alone, is worth the price of admission.

*waits a wee bit impatiently for the next solo album*
"I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dharma69 wrote:
    And my point is?

After "Revelations" came out, I dusted "Euphoria Morning" off for contrast....not comparison....and to just enjoy it. I think that I can dig into Audioslave and solo Cornell equally but on different levels. I don't even bother to compare the two because they're different animals.

To my ears this is one high quality album. His vocals are clear, the music's not heavy-handed or oppressive, the lyrics..."typical" Cornell. "Wave Goodbye", alone, is worth the price of admission.

*waits a wee bit impatiently for the next solo album*

Right on, go dust of temple of the dog, I did the same for both.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Right on, go dust of temple of the dog, I did the same for both.
    Indeed....did that, too ;)!

FaceSpace
  • say to hello to heaven
    priceless
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • huahhuah Posts: 18
    I was very sad when he didn't play any EM songs in his unplugged session. :( We got everything else, but no euppphorriiaaaa.
    Matt Cameron is awesome.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Most of it is pretty good, yeah. But there is some bubblegum in there as well, which is unfortunate.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    this album it´s brilliant, i´ve been listening When i´m down and sweet euphoria every morning ´´pre-work´´ in the last 2 weeks, this album totally relax me...

a good thing about EM is that not many people know about his released, it´s just for really good rock fans...

what do you think if Eddie vedder would make a solo album? must be interesting... of course he´ll returns to PJ back again...
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    EM is spotty. some is great, some isn't. even within some songs...the chrous will be phenomenal or the verses are eh.

so weird.
    take your money and your drugs.
  • One of my favorite albums of all-time. I love "Sweet Euphoria."
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • pazmanpazman Posts: 197
    Definitely looking forward to Chris' solo album

Wide Awake in his unplugged session is far superior to Audioslaves version

here are some links to some Cornell boots

Chris with his band in Dec 1999
    http://www.triadpictures.com/audiosl...%203rd%201999/

Chris with his band in Feb 2000
    http://www.triadpictures.com/audiosl...enver%2C%20Co/

Chris Unplugged in Sweden
    http://www.triadpictures.com/audiosl...0in%20Sweeden/
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Oh pazman... the links don't seem to work for me :(
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    pazman wrote:
    Definitely looking forward to Chris' solo album

Wide Awake in his unplugged session is far superior to Audioslaves version

here are some links to some Cornell boots

Chris with his band in Dec 1999
    http://www.triadpictures.com/audiosl...%203rd%201999/

Chris with his band in Feb 2000
    http://www.triadpictures.com/audiosl...enver%2C%20Co/

Chris Unplugged in Sweden
    http://www.triadpictures.com/audiosl...0in%20Sweeden/

"his band" is Eleven. :)
  • euphoria morning is a very cool album.

much underrated. doesn't get the props it deserves.

i love preaching the end of the world and euphoria.

can't change me is catchy as a motherfucker.

i agree that this and audioslaves stuff are both different beasts but i wish cornell would incorporate some of the musical dexterity of euphoria morning into the audioslave stuff. I think this would invigorate the audioslave stuff. I enjoy the audioslave singles and some deep cuts but on the whole i find their albums drag and seem heavy handed.
    www.facebook.com/PandoraApparel
    I enjoy the audioslave singles and some deep cuts but on the whole i find their albums drag and seem heavy handed.
    Right there is why I mentioned that the music on EM isn't so oppressive....there's some definite weight that comes with Audioslave songs and that's fine. But all of that is absent on Euphoria and I enjoy it for that.

The mix of the two styles would surely make for an interesting Audioslave album. Guess we'll have to wait (hope) and see.

FaceSpace
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELhsTwqOwSI&mode=related&search=
    Thought you guys might appreciate this. :)
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • I can't find this CD anywhere.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
    audiodave wrote:
    Oh. My.

Now that was appreciated!

FaceSpace

FaceSpace
  • dharma69 wrote:

I went to Tower Records last Saturday and they didn't even have a little divider with Chris Cornell's name on it. Neither did Best Buy nor FYE...
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    there's always http://www.amazon.com

you can even pay less and buy a used copy.....
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Euphoria Morning is as underrated and unheralded as Skip Spence's "Oar"

Both are essential listening, and if you are a musician, they will make you better.

This is the Chris Cornell that I miss. EM was the last time that Chris demonstrated his potential as an artist. Audioslave demonstrates his marketing genius and business savvy. That's not a slam, since marketing genius and business savvy have allowed Chris to be in a position to do another solo album.

He has a bigger audience now than he ever has IMO. The kind of audience he needed when he did EM. I wish him great success. He's one of the few artists of our time that's actually worth the effort. Listening to Em again, I can almost overlook the unfortunate departure that is Audioslave.
  • I went to Tower Records last Saturday and they didn't even have a little divider with Chris Cornell's name on it. Neither did Best Buy nor FYE...

Do you have any independent cd stores or less advertised markets in your area? I'd say try to look there. I know i found mine at Tower Records when I got it so i'm surprised it wouldn't be there. You'll find it though, just gotta look a little harder. ;):)

On another note, this album is pure brilliance on Chris' part. Its overall effect and what it does..it's too good. Haunting, beautiful songwriting and melodies, and one of its own kind. I hope the second one will be up there with it. not that i doubt it, just curious what kind of path it would take.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."