Scott Weiland = Rehab....again

dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
edited February 2008 in Other Music
And the saga continues....

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received the following official statement from VELVET REVOLVER:

"Following VELVET REVOLVER's performance last night [Wednesday, February 6] in Los Angeles, lead singer Scott Weiland voluntarily entered a rehab facility. Tonight's San Diego show at the House of Blues has been postponed; the rescheduled date for San Diego is [to be announced]. VELVET REVOLVER deeply apologize to their fans and thank them for sticking by the group."

Weiland was arrested on November 21, 2007 when he crashed his car while driving on an L.A. highway.

He was charged with driving under the influence of drugs with a prior conviction, and with an allegation that he refused a chemical test as required by law.

According to MTV.com, Weiland has been arrested multiple times over the past decade for a variety of drug offenses in California and New York, and has spent time in jail on several occasions. He was arrested in 2003 in Hollywood after a traffic accident and charged with driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, though those charges were eventually dismissed after he successfully completed a drug rehab program and submitted to drug tests.

Weiland recently the Miami Herald to be on the lookout for a STONE TEMPLE PILOTS reunion in the months ahead. The band members are reportedly on good terms again after their less than friendly break-up in 2002, and Weiland told The Pulse of Radio a while back that he wouldn't rule out getting back together. "I think that there is always that distinct possibility," he said. "I have to say it would never come in the way of VELVET REVOLVER, but I don't think that the story has been completely told. I'm unhappy with the ending of the story."

Although he was supposed to perform with VELVET REVOLVER on January 20 at a party in Park City, Utah during the Sundance Film Festival, Weiland was a no-show for the gig. The vocalist's flight to Utah was diverted because of bad weather. The band carried on with the show, inviting audience members and singer Donovan Leitch to pitch in.

Did I have tickets for tonight's House of Blues show in San Diego: yes

Have I been looking forward to this particular crunchy rock show for well over a month: yes

Was I looking forward to an up close dose of Duff: hell yes!

Is that really important now: no

Handle your business, Weiland.
"I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    Damn. I just saw them last Thursday here in Austin. I hope he gets his shit together. He was missing some front teeth and had some story about being jumped by 3 guys while in Europe -- probably more likely it was 'meth mouth'.
  • Ah that fucking sucks. I sincerely hope he gets his shit together, when he's at the top of his game he's virtually untouchable. Just such a shame he can't leave the drugs alone. Dammit.
  • I hope he'll be ok...
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • What people don't know is that this is a record setting 17 trips to rehab for Weiland (most for any musical artist)
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    rehab i said no no no.......
  • Hope it doesn't affect the European tour.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    It is such a shame. He just can't seem to get free of the demon. I saw STP once and Scott was so good. The guy has a lot to offer, but he just can't seem to get free. I hope he manages to get clean someday.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The more things change, the more they stay the same....:(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • What is this, 1998?

Someone smack that self-important fuckhead in the nuts and revoke his rockstar card.

Maybe being forced to work for 6 bucks an hour at Blockbuster will humble the shithead a little bit.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Hey on the plus side maybe he can hook up with one of the young music / Hollywood skanks while he is in their!!!

I think Scott and Lohan / Winehouse could be the next it couple! :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    "i grew up/went into rehab
    you know the doctors never did me no good
    they said, 'son, you're gonna be a new man'
    i said, 'thank you very much, but can i borrow 50 bucks'"

-Layne Staley
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    This is par for the course. Weiland says there will be an STP tour, and then he goes to rehab and the tour is canceled
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • yosi wrote:
    This is par for the course. Weiland says there will be an STP tour, and then he goes to rehab and the tour is canceled

Weiland just thinks STP will take him back now that he fucked up his current circumstances. he's a asshole.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    "i grew up/went into rehab
    you know the doctors never did me no good
    they said, 'son, you're gonna be a new man'
    i said, 'thank you very much, but can i borrow 50 bucks'"

-Layne Staley

what song is this?
  • pouch15 wrote:
    what song is this?

'real thing' off of facelift
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    'real thing' off of facelift
    thank you.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Damn. I just saw them last Thursday here in Austin. I hope he gets his shit together. He was missing some front teeth and had some story about being jumped by 3 guys while in Europe -- probably more likely it was 'meth mouth'.

hehehehe

That last part made me laugh even though it's no laughing matter...:)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • He'll be dead in five years.