Who Likes Black Rebel Motorcycle Club???

dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Besides me, that is.

If you do, great. If you do and live in the Southern California area, better.

If you do, live in the Southern California area and want to go to their "fan club member only" show at The Key Club in LA on Thursday or their Safari Sam's show in LA on Friday, that's best!

Face value + annoying service fee = yours!
"I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Im one of the biggest fans on this forum but do not live in Cali
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i really like the band but have never seen them. i also live in Pennsylvania.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    i really like the band but have never seen them. i also live in Pennsylvania.
    I saw them 3 times last year, one of those times at the Tower Theatre in Philadelphia when they opened for Kings of Leon.

Great sound, talented gents and you gotta love rock and roll with a touch of slide trombone (courtesy of Peter).

FaceSpace
    dharma69 wrote:
    I saw them 3 times last year, one of those times at the Tower Theatre in Philadelphia when they opened for Kings of Leon.

Great sound, talented gents and you gotta love rock and roll with a touch of slide trombone (courtesy of Peter).

I saw them twice and gotta say that they are some of the coolest rockstars I have ever seen. They played for 2 and half hours both times and they were even sick one of the times I saw them. One of the only bands I have seen that actaully lets the crowd shout out what they wanna hear for the encore.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

How underrated is Baby 81?* I think it was easily the best album of the year, every song is good or great and it is one of the few albums I have heard lately that I can just say flat out rocks.* I still listen to it regularly as well, it just doesnt get old.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

I saw them twice and gotta say that they are some of the coolest rockstars I have ever seen. They played for 2 and half hours both times and they were even sick one of the times I saw them. One of the only bands I have seen that actaully lets the crowd shout out what they wanna hear for the encore.
    *inserts "Howl" into CD player*

FaceSpace
    How underrated is Baby 81?* I think it was easily the best album of the year, every song is good or great and it is one of the few albums I have heard lately that I can just say flat out rocks.* I still listen to it regularly as well, it just doesnt get old.
    Very true. It's strong from front to back and I just don't think I'll EVER get tired of the ridiculously tight, atmospheric, dark and disturbing "American X" (and how often can a body say that they won't tire of a 9 minute song?).

You need to get on a plane to California like....now.

FaceSpace
  • je suis une fan!
    yo soy un fan!
    i am a fan!
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i love the HOWL album... its makes me think of sipping bourbon on a porch somewhere in Tennessee.. i love it :):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dharma69 wrote:
    Very true. It's strong from front to back and I just don't think I'll EVER get tired of the ridiculously tight, atmospheric, dark and disturbing "American X" (and how often can a body say that they won't tire of a 9 minute song?).

You need to get on a plane to California like....now.

How amazing are American X and 666 Conducer live? The lighting for these songs were excellent. By the way, do you got the American X Baby 81 Sessions EP? I just got that a few weeks ago, has some really quality stuff on it.

I would love to be in Cali right now, its so damn cold here but I am broke as hell so it wont be happening anytime soon
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

How amazing are American X and 666 Conducer live? The lighting for these songs were excellent. By the way, do you got the American X Baby 81 Sessions EP? I just got that a few weeks ago, has some really quality stuff on it.

I would love to be in Cali right now, its so damn cold here but I am broke as hell so it wont be happening anytime soon
    American X and 666 Conducer...that's worth the price of admission alone. Fierce!

The EP is still on my list of things to get...I made a trip to Amoeba Records to get it but, of course, they were sold out and waiting for a new shipment. Oye. So I'll either pick it up if they're vending them at the shows, the next time I'm the vicinity of Amoeba or I'll have to break down and do it online which I don't really want to do. A trip to a record store, versus a chain store, is a great thing...which I suppose is one of the reasons that they so sparingly released the damned thing.

Bastards. But I dig them!

Stay warm up there.

FaceSpace
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Never really taken much notice of them till I saw them open for The Killers last year!
    They were pretty impressive, bought a couple of their albums since.
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    Great band... red eyes and tears is excellent.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    they are one of the better bands of our times. I absolutely love everyone of their records ... sadly enough I don't live in California.
    They just added another tour for the spring with a few dates in my area. I just cant get enough of this band.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I think they're great. I had tickets to see them at Northumbria University in Newcastle but I had A-level exams the next day so I had to prioritize :p

I can't say that they have an album that is all around amazing, however. There's always some absoutely fantastic songs and then some duds. Still, I'm looking forward to getting that new EP if I can ever find it. Is it any good?
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    dharma69 wrote:
    Besides me, that is.

If you do, great. If you do and live in the Southern California area, better.

If you do, live in the Southern California area and want to go to their "fan club member only" show at The Key Club in LA on Thursday or their Safari Sam's show in LA on Friday, that's best!

Face value + annoying service fee = yours!

haha, i think you got me into them, i've heard of them before but then i saw your thread and thought "why haven't i listened to them by now?! :confused:"

and so i did, and now i think they've got one hell of a cool sound :)