The Black Keys

pjrvmpjrvm Posts: 99
edited October 2006 in Other Music
I just discovered this band through a friend, I've only listened to their 3rd (I think) album, Rubber Factory and it's fucking fantastic. One of the best albums I've heard in a while. 10 am Automatic and The Lengths are just incredible songs.
Any other fans out there?
Anyone who hasn't heard them, make a point of doing so.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• alobaralobar Posts: 310
    they are a highly regarded band around these parts, and deservedly so. they're a great two-piece band with the sound of a full band at times. Rubber Factory is my favorite, but I also love The Big Come Up.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Their new album 'Black Potion' is absolutely my favourite a great album. I recommend them to everyone.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • their first album is their best, and each album after that went slightly downhill.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I bought "magic potion" last week and that's awesome.
    I recommend it to everybody...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I unfortunately bought "Magic Potion" the same night as TV on the Radio's "Return to Cookie Mountain", so it is on the back burner right now. I liked what I heard, just not on heavy rotation for me right now. I will probably check out some of their older stuff later on as well. They seem more blues based then the White Stripes and not as poppy. We need some new blues blood these days.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?