Prince is the Man

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
edited November 2006 in Other Music
How underrated is Prince/the symbol guy on guitar? His name always seems to get overlooked, but he can shread with the BEST of them. Check out this video. Him at the Rock n roll HOF induction where he played for George Harrison (Prince was inducted that night too) - With Petty/willberry dudes, his solo he does 2/3 of the way in ins insane!

[url=mms://wm.wbr.com/tompetty/gharrison_induction/tompetty_ghi_gently-weeps_450.wmv]mms://wm.wbr.com/tompetty/gharrison_ind ... ps_450.wmv[/url]

enjoy this...I just wish it was on good audio
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DeniDeni Posts: 233
    Prince is awesome! I've been a HUGE fan of his since I was 11 years old. Since Purple Rain came out. And for those of you who suck at math as much as I do that's 23 years! Prince rocks my socks!
    "Ideas are bulletproof." --V

Peace and Love
    Deni
    :)
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    The Guitar Gently Weeps moment is one of his very best! He owned it and everyone in that theater!

I don't think he's underrated at at...I think that he's just so good that he's unmentioned because he's a given, a no-brainer.

He's Prince.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    How underrated is Prince/the symbol guy on guitar? His name always seems to get overlooked, but he can shread with the BEST of them. Check out this video. Him at the Rock n roll HOF induction where he played for George Harrison (Prince was inducted that night too) - With Petty/willberry dudes, his solo he does 2/3 of the way in ins insane!

[url=mms://wm.wbr.com/tompetty/gharrison_induction/tompetty_ghi_gently-weeps_450.wmv]mms://wm.wbr.com/tompetty/gharrison_ind ... ps_450.wmv[/url]

enjoy this...I just wish it was on good audio

my friend had this video linked on a blog and I would watch it like everyday, he also had the Prince medley and I was going to post the link but it doesn't work now, shitty.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb