Metallica re-releasing entire catalog on vinyl!!!

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
edited March 2008 in Other Music
from their own website:

While we're finishing up the new album, we told the dudes at the record company we thought it might be cool to dust off the old tapes and get all retro with some vinyl re-releases... First up are the first two albums (duh!?), "Kill 'Em All" and "Ride the Lightning", coming out on April 15 in North America and pretty fucking close to that in the rest of the world.
There will be two versions...one like the original on a single disc spinning at 33 1/3, the other a two disc, 180 gram vinyl, 45 rpm package all in a double gatefold. The music was half speed mastered from the original analog tapes at Mobile Fidelity to bring you audiophile quality.

Both versions will be available in the online store here and over at Met Club. Oh, and in case you were wondering, "Master" and "Justice" will obviously be next and should be coming out on vinyl in June.

that is just fucking cool
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    They are undeserving of my money, I feel guilty for even owning anything by them.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    I have the original pressings of every Zeppelin album....Song Remains the Same and Coda included...so I'm the man.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    Bfd!
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    They are undeserving of my money, I feel guilty for even owning anything by them.

Exactly how I feel about the Gallagher brothers :-D
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015

wait is this one of those "Metallica was the only act that had the legal clout and money to actually go after file sharers so all of their records suddenly suck" things? because that's like saying Michael Jackson molests kids so the bassline in Want you back is no longer awesome. or are you just trying to be a smartass and coming up short?
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    MmMmm Master of Puppets on vinyl, *drools*
    32 shows and counting...
  • Vinyl up your ass...
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    wait is this one of those "Metallica was the only act that had the legal clout and money to actually go after file sharers so all of their records suddenly suck" things? because that's like saying Michael Jackson molests kids so the bassline in Want you back is no longer awesome. or are you just trying to be a smartass and coming up short?

They were just the biggest whiny bitches about it. That and their last few records are a steaming pile of dogshit.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Vinyl up your ass...
    Nice!

Can't wait for Puppets!
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    hrd2imgn wrote:

that is just fucking cool
    really? vinyl idea for metallica? man some bands are just slow on the uptake
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    they are re-releasing stuff on vinyl, that is cool, since I don't have any records of them and don't want to shell out 1000 bucks getting them on ebay

Master Of Puppets and Ride the Lightning remasterd and re-released on vinyl is COOL

lets not get into the greedy band bullshit all big acts are greedy in ways, how much was that special edition ames book Oh yeah
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    WORD
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • paddypaddy Posts: 104
    I have the first four on vinyl already. Meh.
    Hello, is there anybody in there?
  • As soon as someone encodes them as MP3s:

I AM GOING TO DOWNLOAD THESE!
    (and seed them for months)

Just out of spite.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    Isn't this something like the 4th or 5th time these albums have been issued on vinyl?
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    As soon as someone encodes them as MP3s:

I AM GOING TO DOWNLOAD THESE!
    (and seed them for months)

Just out of spite.

Lol, why? they are gonna lose the quality being compressed making them just as good as any other mp3's of them currently out there, a bit time consuming and pointless dont you think?
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Lol, why? they are gonna lose the quality being compressed making them just as good as any other mp3's of them currently out there, a bit time consuming and pointless dont you think?

it's an empty gesture really.

but an empty gesture out of spite has more meaning than a regular empty gesture. haha
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    it's an empty gesture really.

but an empty gesture out of spite has more meaning than a regular empty gesture. haha

Lol.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.