MMJ for one hour at Polooza sucks

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Why only one hour....that sucks. You'd think with the symphony they could get an extra 30 minutes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    hey i'm with you. that sucks real bad but it's not surprising. the only bands that are getting more than an hour are the bands closing out the night. i wish they could play longer but then again if they were it would probably be because they were closing the show on friday or saturday which would suck because then i would have had to get a 3 day pass. can't complain about seein mmj on the same stage right before pj.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    thats 59:59 too long
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
    oppie1 wrote:

aren't you the fuckhead who was in the puddle of mudd thread praising 3 days grace and bashing oasis. get a fucking clue. if you don't want to hear amazing music then don't go to lollapalooza. and if you don't like mmj than there is no need for you in this thread.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    aren't you the fuckhead who was in the puddle of mudd thread praising 3 days grace and bashing oasis. get a fucking clue. if you don't want to hear amazing music then don't go to lollapalooza. and if you don't like mmj than there is no need for you in this thread.
    i feel that if pjoasis can threadcrap in every thread about a band that a PJ fan should not be allowed to like, then i'm allowed to threadcrap too
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,845
    oppie1 wrote:

I happen to agree not an MMJ fan at all

Just dont get the big deal, his voice is annoying IMHO
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    I wasn't sold on MMJ until after I saw them open in Chicago last year.

Plus, this version of Gideon is unbelievable.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895

PBM

ditto, I became a fan in the Windy City
    oppie1 wrote:
    i feel that if pjoasis can threadcrap in every thread about a band that a PJ fan should not be allowed to like, then i'm allowed to threadcrap too

wow well that's real mature of you. you should feel good about yourself. what does pjoasis have to do with this mmj thread.
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    I was going to go to Lolla, but decided not to after I saw them only playing for an hour. Their live show is amazing, and shouldn't be condensed. That is why a lot of people who saw them open for pj didn't get them.
    Bremerton wrote:
    I was going to go to Lolla, but decided not to after I saw them only playing for an hour. Their live show is amazing, and shouldn't be condensed. That is why a lot of people who saw them open for pj didn't get them.

agreed. a short time slot at a festival or a show as an opening act does this band no justice. i heard a lot of people say they were boring and pretty much just play all their songs as they sound on the albums....obviously they were talking about seeing them open up for pj...and really, what do you want them to do with a 35 minute set? this band is best seen as a headliner, however i will take what i can get. i'm still really psyched about seeing them play before pj, who is worth the 80 dollars for a single day pass by themselves.
  • breadshebreadshe Posts: 20

PBM
    You're right, that version is just unbelievable.
    I hope they'll do something similar with the CYSO
  • porchdwellerporchdweller Posts: 228
    Mmj, Mmj, Mmj, Mmj, Mmj, Mmj
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    Dude, it's one hour WITH A FULL ORCHESTRA. They'll be fine. And I'll be there.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    I doubt it will hinder their performance. If a band is good live, their show is good whether it's 30 minutes or 3 hours. Lolla is a festival...it's time to open your ears to other bands you haven't seen or heard before.
  • aren't you the fuckhead who was in the puddle of mudd thread praising 3 days grace and bashing oasis. get a fucking clue. if you don't want to hear amazing music then don't go to lollapalooza. and if you don't like mmj than there is no need for you in this thread.
    *lol at mmj being called amazing music*
    The dude didn't really say anything that bad, he just stated his opinion. No need for the name calling and the hostility. At least he didn't say all mmj fans are idiots and should drop off the face of the earth.